Anyone pouring today? I think I may be in a slump!

Since I work M-F, typically any day off I would be having a blast pouring and pouring!

I did not pour yesterday and I am trying to decide if I am motivated to pour today.

I think I have tried so much, tested so much and documented so much that I am in a slump! Not to mention that since I just make for me one can only have so much scented wax in one house! I will be digging out soon from little wax melt squares!

I intended to try a blend of 4625/4627/415 (50/25/25) today. Just not certain I have the interest! That or that my house is all clean form having everyone here on Thanksgiving that the set up and clean up is demotivating!

Are you pouring today? What are you making?

I was in a pouring slump the last few weeks and didnt pour anything. I got sidetracked with making Christmas crafts (thanks to Pinterest), decorating for Christmas plus we had company arriving for Thanksgiving so I had been preparing for that. Now that my company is gone (and my order of wax has arrived) I am pouring for the Christmas Tart Swap. I just got out all the supplies. While the wax melts in the presto I am going to make a plate of leftovers and then I will get to pouring cute Christmas shapes.

Maybe when I am finished I might try out a blend of 4625 (50%), 4630 (25%), 415 (25%) and dipped my toe in that parasoy pond. We'll see how much energy I have left after pouring the swap tarts.

just getting done dipping some battery candles, plastic pineapples (so they look like all wax lol), and trying to grubby up some glass christmas balls. the glass ornaments are a real b#@*# to get right! the wax is either slipping right off or balling up on them and looking very sloppy-well past grubby-just ugly! oh well, the mess is all over the kitchen so i well keep messing around. at least there are leftovers for supper, don't have to worry about a food mess too!

have fun whatever you are all into! - kris

I'm pouring some wax brittle, (just got my energy up to get all the supplies out!!), mixing up ecosoya PB/excel and 3022/4625- trying some new scents too- hope they turn out! The bulb in my wax melter went out, so got sidetracked trying to find a replacement bulb yesterday- ah the joys of testing!!

Well, the slump continues. Nothing poured (or EVEN melted which is unheard of for me) today. Got a few other things done so perhaps tomorrow. Or not. I want to try a different wax blend and I do have a boatload of FO's of interest. Hoping my motivation returns soon.

Glad to see those of you more motivated than me making progress!

I did an "emergency" pour Thursday evening for a Saturday evening show. I poured a dozen creme brulee and a dozen vanilla hazelnut clamshells because I'd miscounted inventory and we were low, and those have been good sellers the last couple of shows. We did the show on Saturday, church took up most of today, and I am lurking the forums tonight :)

The show was a vendor/crafter show with about 40 participants at the local community college fieldhouse. Table fees went to the Shop with a Cop program team teams up local law enforcement with a child (whose family must meet certain low-income guidelines) and a $100 budget to shop for Christmas. Typically, in our area, children from certain low-income areas get a negative, biased view of law enforcement. This program helps them associate law enforcement with positive events in their own lives. There was also a silent auction room where each participant donated an item and all proceeds went to the program. There was a not-so-decent turnout, being the day immediately following Black Friday, but we made table fee x 8, so for a three hour affair, we were happy and felt good about contributing to a good local cause.

No choice here. I get in slumps all of the time (my wife calls it 'gettin squirrly'), however I have no choice. Candles are a business for us and how we pay the bills. I have to pour every day and right now it's seven days a week. Usually we take Sundays off, but this time of year we start working a half day on Sunday; in a couple of weeks it'll be all day (8-10 hrs). So, even though we still thoroughly enjoy candle-making, we get slumps just like in normal jobs, and, just like in normal jobs, we trudge on.

Same here. I managed to get my wholesale out the door before Thanksgiving and have a number of orders that need pouring but would rather practise my ukulele. Its the soap that I can't bring myself to get started and that needs doing the most. I'm really bummed with the loss of the owner of Southern Soapers (Denise) and tired of trying to find suppliers and on and on and on drone........ I may close the business down and move to a tropical island. Happy Holidays and Roll Tide Roll!!!!

Steve