Not selling online....

leisa2003

I do not sell online. I have a business fb page. I only do wholesale and farmers markets. Shipping is a pain and I got discouraged with selling online when I looked into etsy. So many people were giving free or low cost shipping and their product was still reasonably priced. I decided. Thst since I make big candles I did not want to have shipping kill my bottom line. My wholesale acct people use the business fb page to review fragrances etc.and order.

Edited by JI

I don't sell online- I have a website with all my product and fragrance descriptions and a contact and email page but no shopping cart- its "call to order" for now

I just don't have time to offer that right now- I have so many other things going on with my husbands business's but honestly if the day ever comes to where he will "let" me not run his office and get a office manager I am still not sure I would offer online shopping for my candles- seems you would have to be on top of it every second to confirm orders and ship out on time- I am not ready for that I don't think! LOL

For now it's just word of mouth and people that stop in see them and buy- I don't sell a lot and have not pushed it really- no advertising either- I am afraid of it going both ways...afraid of failure and afraid I couldn't keep up! So I am content with how it's going for now but one day I would like to be able to just focus on my candles!

I used to sell online for years. Then this past year I downgraded my website to just a plain non selling website. Sometimes you just have to take a good hard look at what is working for you and what is costing you. The cost of the website & merchant was just not being met by the sales it made-- plus all the work of putting it together was intensely time consuming.

Most of my customers call me anyway and don't order online so I really haven't lost anything but gained extra money in my pocket.