6006 Wax

I just used 6006 for the first time last weekend in containers ( 8oz Mason, 12oz Status and 11oz frosted) after running out of 4630. maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have much of a CT, and the colors came out real pastel. I haven't tested the HT yet.

I've never worked with anything but Paraffin before, and I've done tons of reading on 6006 sooooo....I'm confused.

Just used 6006 for some melts. Had excellent results over 12 hrs of fragrance filling the house. Used Grandma's Kitchen and Birthday Cake. Not sure if anyone can answer this question, but when you are heating the wax why is it so important to stick with a certain temp. When adding the fragrance also? Just curious.

I just used 6006 for the first time last weekend in containers ( 8oz Mason, 12oz Status and 11oz frosted) after running out of 4630. maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have much of a CT, and the colors came out real pastel. I haven't tested the HT yet.

I've never worked with anything but Paraffin before, and I've done tons of reading on 6006 sooooo....I'm confused.

For 6006 candles, I had to use at least 9% FO load, plus let them cure for a week since it's aprox 30% soy, plus stick with FO's that are known to work well in soy like from Candle Science, and I used zinc wicks. The colors will be pastel unless you use liquid dye that's more concentrated for soy, or use about twice as many drops of paraffin dye as you would for paraffin; you can get deep jewel tones and rich brights or dark colors with 6006.

Edited by HorsescentS

Guest OldGlory
I have some 6006 here when I purchased a sample along with a bunch of others from Peak. Do you feel more FO is needed in this wax? I may give it another try.

Also, on zinc wicks....I have them but seem to always reach for Eco or HTPs. Might give them another chance as well. Thank you for sharing. :)

I stick with a 6% FO load in 6006. Could be the FOs I use, but I haven't found a dud yet. 95% of my FOs come from Aztec in Knoxville, and I have the added advantage of going to the showroom to smell all the FOs before I buy. I don't trust my nose for cold or hot throw, always send them out to friends to try. Some people use 10% FO in 6006.

I stick with a 6% FO load in 6006. Could be the FOs I use, but I haven't found a dud yet. 95% of my FOs come from Aztec in Knoxville, and I have the added advantage of going to the showroom to smell all the FOs before I buy. I don't trust my nose for cold or hot throw, always send them out to friends to try. Some people use 10% FO in 6006.

Thanks OG....I just received the sample of Iced Lemon Cookies from Aztec yesterday. I had originally purchased it on eBay where it is no longer carried. Had a feeling it was the one from Aztec from the description and pic, and it sure is. I'm very happy. Love that FO and will buy it straight from Aztec by the lb from now on. Also, picked a couple more while I was there to making shipping worthwhile since it is coming a long way.

Will be working with 6006 today. Will do FO load at 1.25 oz pp. That way I can go up or down once I see how this goes.

• 2 months later...

I didn't know where to add this as there are so many threads about 6006. :)

I wanted to share that I got my order of 6006 and Eco wicks and poured my first set of candles. I have yet to light them...I may wait a few days as suggested...if I can contain myself. LOL. So far they set up with very minimal caving on top (you can see a bit of the wax on the side but nothing a light pass with the heat gun won't fix). Here is what I did:

Jars: 12 oz status (fill line 8.9 oz)

Wax: 6006

Wicks: Eco 2 and Eco 8

Scent: Harvest Berry (CS) 6%

Heate to 190

FO added at 185

Mixed about 2 1/1 minutes

Poured at 160

Left in unheated oven to cure.

I'll keep updating....[ATTACH]26323[/ATTACH]

post-8407-139458511726_thumb.jpg