My first fundraiser!!!

cybersix

Hi all!!!

I'm so happy about it!!!

I will do this for an... ops I don't know the words.

:rolleyes2 They are a group of people who take care of abandoned cats. They cure them and keep them in a little farm, all together. If someone wants to adopt a cat goes there, chooses the cat and take it home. This is the place where I found my cats, Punto and Virgola.

They ran out of funds, they risk to close so many cats could loos their home.

We'll try to gather some money with my candles.

Hope I can help!

and I hope you could understand something too!!! lol

Thanks Mozzie, I don't know all the words I need when I write, and I know only an internet translator, the most of the time it leaves my word in italian as I write them!!!:mad:

I love cats I bet I'd love dogs too but til now I lived only with cats, so to they goes my love!

Hi,

I wish I could donate candles, but I can't. Supplies cost too much here, the risk is I cannot make candles

So I asked them a minimum (just to cover the cost of supplies I need) for each candle. for example, a 3"x3" pillar is € 2,50. They think to sell the candle at €5,00 or €7,00.

They told me it's ok, we'll start with few candles and see how it goes.

How don't know if it's a real fundraiser, I dodn't know how to call it.

On the labels I'll put their logo plus mine, their address with big font and mine smaller-

Definitely a good cause, especially if Punto and Virgola came from this place. So you are donating your candles to them to sell, right?

What about they take orders???Get what you offer in scents etc and get payment from them.They give you the order, you fill and give them their share/orders.So they get $5.00 for the candles, you want $2.50 so done deal.That is more like a fundraiser and they know who will order/pay.If they buy from you and do not sell(not likely/sure they will) then they are out of money.

You could get a order form to give to the people in the group etc.They take the orders etc.get payment. That is the way most fundraisers are.When you get the order and make the candles pack etc then deliver or have them pick up. Then they deliver to those who purchase the candles.May want to make some tarts etc so they have a sample of the scents.Offer just about 10 of each scent.Those that are the biggest seller.Each person takes a couple tarts as sample of what they smell like.

If this is what they do and say they buy 200 from you to sell. What if they don't sell but 100.Will you let them bring back?Hate to see them go under further or you either.I know because not only do I do cat and dog rescue I use alot of my own money.Gets bad.You need some agreements.That is why I would say do a fundraiser type thing.

I am on the Board of a NO-KILL shelter and also our local Humane Soc.I also am a advocate on spaying and neutering and must org do the order form fundraiser.I am pretty much on my own with the spay/neuter thing.I am a organizer of it and do it mostly by myself but a couple volunteers come that day for a few hours.I stay 13 hours.

LynnS

Hi Lynn,

I will make some candles for them because they already sell other items in little kiosk in their city.

They sell t-shirts, mugs, other little items , so we thought that candles could be on the kiosk too.

If they don't sell candles I will get them back, so this is way I thought to make same candles I always sell, in the beginning i was thinking to do some candles with cats embeds,

but if they give those back to me maybe I have less chances to sell to other customers.

I told them I will do some forms to collect orders, but I think it's nice that people can see some candles.

Then if an order comes from them I'll give them the price of the candles minus my minimum...

hope you can understand something when I write

If they are already selling things then they are out there.I thought it was they didn't do things but this way with having the candles out there is a good idea.

I hope they make money and you too.Animals need alot of help.Seems like cats get the raw end of the deal because they are bred so much and to many to find homes for.I know where I live they are supposed to catch mice and that is what most think they are good for.I hear it all the time.

Believe me I do for dogs too and have dogs.Just have more cats and cannot find a mobil unit that fixes dogs in my area.If one did I would be sure and see if I could get them here.

LynnS

If they will give back the ones that didn't get sold, it would be safer to make for them the varieties that you know you can sell later. It's a good idea to leave a few order forms with them in addition to the candles, in case someone wants several of one type, more than the stock they have on hand.

Hi Lynn, here in italy it's not much different.

Peopel doesn't always like cats, they are supposed to be not so good animals, because they like to live on their own, many people think cats can't love humans, this is a big error.

here cats are also eaten. Not so often, but in some italian region people cook them as they were rabbits, they say the taste is the same:angry2:

And I bet some chinese restaurant do it too to.:lipsrseal

Thanks for all

If they are already selling things then they are out there.I thought it was they didn't do things but this way with having the candles out there is a good idea.

I hope they make money and you too.Animals need alot of help.Seems like cats get the raw end of the deal because they are bred so much and to many to find homes for.I know where I live they are supposed to catch mice and that is what most think they are good for.I hear it all the time.

Believe me I do for dogs too and have dogs.Just have more cats and cannot find a mobil unit that fixes dogs in my area.If one did I would be sure and see if I could get them here.

LynnS