Please help with uneven palm pillar burn

The photo shows four 4" tall, 3" wide palm pillars with the following ingredients: feather palm wax, 1 T. palm steric, 1 oz fragrance oil and PK-7 wick (as recommended by Wicks Unlimited), cured for 1 week. First burn I allow one hour then extinguish, all subsequent burns are for many hours. My palm pillars begin with a nicely centered circular melt pool, but about one quarter of the way down, it begins to burn unevenly, and continues to do so throughout the remainder of the life of the candle. The candles never blow out, and usually don't burn too much of the rim.

HOWEVER, I have seen some very nice pix on this website of palm pillars with perfectly circular melt pools all the way down. Can anyone help me figure out how to obtain this??

THANK YOU!! :smiley2:

post-15472-139458517062_thumb.jpg

With my limited exposure to palm (and it was a flight of fancy for me), it looks to me like the top right has the best circular burn, but they look underwicked. What I tried with palm was RRDs and found they gave me pretty good burns with the exception of halfway to 2/3 down they busted through the wall (which is why I gave up on them, because I lacked patience in trying to learn how to wick them properly.)

Is the wicking you got already pre-coated or did you prime it?

Edited by Scented

KraseKelly--I use the palm steric because the rims were cracking without it. Does this happen to you? If not, are you using something else to avoid the cracking?

TallTayl--I do not rotate them. Do you make this recommendation to your customers?

KraseKelly--I use the palm steric because the rims were cracking without it. Does this happen to you? If not, are you using something else to avoid the cracking?

TallTayl--I do not rotate them. Do you make this recommendation to your customers?

I do. If the candle is burning unevenly in my product case, it is often because of a draft. Turn the candle, or move it to not be in that draft. Your cluster of candles in the photo would create its own air current if burned together like that.

• Mind Blown 1