Cutting CP Soap

Luanne

I finally bit the bullet and made my first batch of CP soap on Sunday. :yay: How long should it stay in the mold and when should I cut it? I've been told after it comes out of the mold to wait another couple of days before cutting, but from what I've read, it looks like I could do it right away. Now I'm confused.

So true. How many times I've tried to cut a loaf of soap when it should have been left in the mold awhile longer. Cutting soap may look easy but it takes a bit to learn how to angle your blade even if you have it in a cutter (unless of course you have a tank). Slice just a bit off the end and see how it handles your blade. Wait a little longer if it sticks real bad and you have to peel it off. Sweet torture.

Steve

I took all 3 batches out of the molds Tuesday night. Cut them last night. The Coconut Milk (from Peak) and the Blueberry Cobbler (Aztec) were good. I should have waited until today to cut the Energy (Brambleberry). It was still a little soft, but it was a learning experience. The swirls came out good though.