CDN Wicks - best place to buy??

OK, so after some very helpful advice from people on this forum, I'm going to order some CDN wicks to test along with my CDs. From what I have read, there are only two suppliers that carry them - Candle Cocoon and Southwest Candle Supply. However, Candle Cocoon doesn't seem to have all of the sizes. I would rather order from them since they are located much closer to me. Does anyone know if they usually do carry them and maybe they are just out of stock? Or maybe this is a different type of wick than the ones Southwest has?

Candle Cocoon has CDN12-22 and Southwest as CDN08-20

Thanks in advance!

Emily

No they don't- they only have what they list and if I remember correctly they have the shorter tab which is really not safe in jar candles - it burns too far down causing way to much heat- I could be wrong so read the the description vs. Southwest on the tab height

I know with CD's natures garden has the short ones and lonestar has super tall ones(good for tall jars) so I now buy from candlewic- they have the neck size perfect for square masons

I buy from southwest- they have all sizes I need, CS is awesome and shipping is fast

If CC has the same neck size try some of their oils also- they are amazing

Edited by moonshine

The best route to go with Candle Cocoon is to buy the 12 inch wicks and a bag of assemblies. I can get three wicks out of each one and it pretty simple to crimp the assemblies. I have bought from both and find the coating on the Southwest to be a little heavier but they are quality products either way. CDN burns a tad hotter and doesn't clog or soot as much IMHO as a regular cd but you may not notice a huge difference. They both carry great fos and the service is excellent.

Steve

The best route to go with Candle Cocoon is to buy the 12 inch wicks and a bag of assemblies. I can get three wicks out of each one and it pretty simple to crimp the assemblies. I have bought from both and find the coating on the Southwest to be a little heavier but they are quality products either way. CDN burns a tad hotter and doesn't clog or soot as much IMHO as a regular cd but you may not notice a huge difference. They both carry great fos and the service is excellent.

Steve

good to know about the assemblies- thanks for that info... Funny though that I find CDN to burn way cooler than CD- If I have a candle that is not hot enough with a CD 10 but way to hot with a CD12 the CDN is perfect- maybe because I use 415?

Well, I ordered from Southwest yesterday. I thought about being able to cut those 12" into multiple wicks but CC didn't have all the sizes and I wasn't sure what I would need. So the candle I'm burning right now looks like it may need something in between the CD10 and CD12 - would a CDN 12 be a good place to start? I've noticed a little bit of soot with the CDs I have tried so far (much less than the LX) but what would it look like if it "clogged"?

If the CD12 is a touch to hot and the CD10 not quite enough then yes the CDN12 would be the perfect start to see

Clogged wicks I am not completely sure about but I would imagine huge mushrooms play a part in that and sputtering maybe...

You can also try CD14 and CDN14- it used to be charted that the 14 was actually smaller(smaller roc ) and in my soy I found it to be true but they mushroomed real bad for me- now they are charted as larger than the CD12 and CDN12- so it wouldn't hurt to see how it does in your wax