Stainless Steel Digital Mixing Bowl (11 lbs)

chuck_35550

My name is Steve but you can call me by my sign in name (Chuck). I ususally answer to both. I had been looking for a handy stainless bowl that was easy to use for one handed pouring and stuff like that and is like the only thing around. I think you could use it to mix and pour up 3 lb batches or less? I may pick one up to add to all my other stacks of soap making stuff that sits around the shop. Will let you guys know if it proves to be worthwhile.

Steve/Chuck

What fun, Cheve is good. I've kind of been thinking that part of my soaping problems are related to the fact that I switched from my trusty stainless stock pot with two handles to large plastic bowls with one handle. I don't know if the plastic somehow causes the acceleration but was wishing for a stainless one handle bowl like this one. My small batches would do okay in this thing and hopefully my soap would behave like it use to with the old stockpot. I could be full of it (which is often the case) but there's something about the stainless that seems to work better. Oh, and Chuck can buy his own measuring bowl......I must be schizophrenic. I would be interested to hear opinions whether a plastic would change the saponification process or not.

Cheve

What fun, Cheve is good. I've kind of been thinking that part of my soaping problems are related to the fact that I switched from my trusty stainless stock pot with two handles to large plastic bowls with one handle. I don't know if the plastic somehow causes the acceleration but was wishing for a stainless one handle bowl like this one. My small batches would do okay in this thing and hopefully my soap would behave like it use to with the old stockpot. I could be full of it (which is often the case) but there's something about the stainless that seems to work better. Oh, and Chuck can buy his own measuring bowl......I must be schizophrenic. I would be interested to hear opinions whether a plastic would change the saponification process or not.

Cheve

Hey Cheve,

Have you tried Talltaly's thermal transfer method??? I've used it for the last few batches and... It works!!!! I am using a super fast tracing recipe - 63% solid oils - including palm & shea butter, and I have had time to Swirl, in fact, I have had to wait around to fluff up tops because it was still at thin/medium trace when i was done. I'm in love with this method!!!! I even used it for hp and works great!! Saves time, imo.

Btw-I used plastic buckets and bowls.

• 1 year later...