cracking soy candles

hello. i dont post very often but really appreciate all the great advice on this message board!

i am experimenting with soy candles as a hobby and gifts for friends. i've been using soy for about 6 months and have made about 10 candles. each one has cracked after about 10 or so hours of burning. it is cracking around the edges and sometimes the crack goes all the way down the candle and splits it in two! i use ecosoya wax and pour at about 155. i am using the double boiler method for melting the wax and the temp usually gets up to about 180 and i let it cool before pouring.

any thoughts???

thanks in advance :)

I used to have cracked votives all the time. I think I finally figured out the main issue. I have a ceiling fan in my dining room right above the table and it was cooling the votives way to fast. I shut it off today and made sure my molds are warm and wax right temp and not a single cracked votive.

Mine seem to be smooth out of the mold, but after they burn and cool, that's when the cracking happens. Not sure what to do about that, maybe move them under a box or something to keep them warm? Oh well, still haven't figured out how to wick the little buggers.

I think Ecosoya wax is too brittle on its own. I have to add some KY to it to make it softer.

I've been working with the S&P smooth pillar blend for a while now and find that it doesn't get brittle or powdery like Ecosoya. I haven't had one crack but usually I do need to do two pours.