Hi Everyone:

I'm new here, hope to meet great fellow crafts people.

I am selling candles at a very small scale, I'm starting out.  However I already know what kind of product to present and how to present it.  I've been looking for many months a domestic wholesales distributor for colored glass containers, esp. 14oz amber old-fashioned glass containers to go with my gold tin travel candles.

China keeps popping up but my product is not nearly ready for prime-time like that.  I contacted Libbey and to order from them is very pricey with huge minimums (obviously :/ ). I have to have a business account if I want to purchase from Couronneco. 

And I don't really want to color my wax. Any help? Suggestions?  Thank you much.

post-14939-0-36248800-1431178601.jpg

Pabilo

Guest OldGlory

Good morning Pabilo, and welcome to Craft Server.

You are in good company! Many of us have been looking for the same products with about the same luck as you are having.

My business is wholesale/mfg, and I have ordered from Courrone a few times. They are the only company I've found that offers a variety of sizes in colored glass. I decided not to use their glass for making candles (pouring the wax into the glass container) because I have doubts about the integrity of the glass and the possible effects of the heat associated with a burning wick. I don't need a lawsuit for using glass that really isn't made to withstand that sort of heat. I am way more comfortable using glass from, for example, Libbey or Anchor Hocking, with the glass containers that are designed for this purpose.

I wish I could give you some ideas of where to buy what you're looking for. Good luck!

I had also tried Couronne's beautifully colored glasses but we used one of the red candle containers in our bathroom and red dye came off, staining our sink counter. Couldn't sell something that does that  :(

Doesn't Alibaba sell colored glass candle containers? They do have pretty large minimums thou but good prices for them.

Fillmore Containers and SKS Bottles & Packaging also sell some colored glass candle containers but I think their offerings are somewhat limited. But no minimums so that's a plus.

Chinese glass is a reality. Until China decides to enforce quality control in manufactoring; you can expext cheap, poorly made products. That being said, I have had poor sales results using colored glass containers. The same rule applies whether the wax or container is colored "colors have to match the decor of the room". Customers seem more interested in picking out a fragrance than trying to struggle with color as well. A white candle in a classy jar works 100% of the time. Occasionally, someone will ask if they can get a fragrance poured in a color. Custom  candles are no big deal and are rarely requested in my area. Being stuck with colored tumblers for the rest of time may not be in your best interest in the long run. The main consideration today is whether the customer can bear the added cost of colored glass.

Steve