Really BIG hurricane pictures. Suggestions?

LRC06301983

That's one big 'cane. Love the way you think out of the box. Post some pics of your loaners when you get them back. We have a turkey fryer - that my DH won't let me use for candles. He doesn't think outside of the box. Thinks turkey fryers are for Low Country Boils. It's about 2 ft tall and maybe 14" in diameter. That might work as a dipping vat. Comes with a propane burner. Not sure how much wax it would hold. You can fry a 14 LB turkey in it.

PS You can get a turkey fryer from any sporting goods store. Cost about $50.

Sharyl,

Thank you for your kind words. Most people say I am generally unorthodox and a bit of a loose cannon. I've never had anyone phrase it so nicely "thinks outside of the box." :)

I will post pictures as I can get them and of any new shells I make. The semester started up again so I'm pretty swamped right now, but look for some pic updates in a month or so.

BTW, you mentioned it comes with a propane burner...

Do all of the turkey Fryers run on propane?

If so, can I get one that uses electric?

-Luke-

BTW, you mentioned it comes with a propane burner...

Do all of the turkey Fryers run on propane?

If so, can I get one that uses electric?

-Luke-

Yes, and the most inexpensive place to get it at the present moment is Gander Mountain. Its 79.99 and no shipping.... whippee!

It would be called a Surf and Turk made by Masterbuilt. Runs on electric.

I have one, just haven't had time to play with it yet.

I heard you Mystic angel. :)

I've already located the nearest Gander Mountain. Lol.

When you do get time to play with it I DEFINENTLY want to hear all about it.

Thank you all who suggested this turkey roaster. It has solved so many problems with cheaply melting large quantities!

-Luke-

I like the concept...especially for a patio. We have a wok shaped "portable patio fireplace" that we don't use in the summer....too hot for a big fire. But I could see setting one of those in the middle of it and lighting it some summer eve.

When I first saw it, my reaction was "Luke must be the Tim the Toolman Taylor's "More Power" Candleman! :bow:

Nina

My wife hasn't stopped giggling over your comment Dragon.

Kudos.

Very funny.

You should see me heating up my mold with my four foot, hooks up to a grill size propane tank, foot long flame, 1500 btu, roofing torch.

Now that is a tool even the "toolman" himself would be jealous of.

Its also great for killing weeds and melting the ice off the sidewalk in the winter.

:)

Hi Luke, welcome to the board. At first glance, I thought your creation was an ottoman.....so..I think you might be onto something.Why not make Cane Furniture? I can visualize end tables....sofa tables...bars....reception areas....you could light it with a variety of mediums including cool touch NEON! You could start with simple blocks........and as it is perfected, move onto curves.

I can see a photo in Architectural Digest glowing from a Penthouse Suite right here in Dallas!

WAY TO GO LUKE!!!!!

I have several Weck electric canners. If you buy two they are cheaper. They give you a wholesale price. They come from Germany. I think I paid about $300 to $350. I think I have about 6 or 7 now. They hold 30 lbs of wax and only get to 220 degrees. I usually have two going. At one time I had a different one for every color hurricane I made. All the colors of the rainbow. LOL.... Donita

Michael...all I can say it....you had me at neon.

I'm sold.

If you don't yet have a subscription to Architectural diagest, get one, and keep a look out, it will only be another few years till I blow up big...

or should I say..."glow up big.."

wow that one was so cheesy it was painful even for me.

:)

Donita, why would I want a Whick electric canner, or two for $300 when I can get one of the turkey things for closer to $100 and I think it hold more wax?

No seriosuly, I'm not being a jerk I don't know, what are the pro's/con's?

I acutally think Michael is onto something...

Wouldn't it be cool to have like one of these candles that is like what...7 foot tall in the corner of an entry way...put a neon (or other non heat generating light) of a complimentary color running up the center of it for a few feet...

I'll bet that thing would glow....

anyone ever put a neon light into a candle?