Day-Star favorites? How is Shampoo de Luxe?

Darbla

I want to order a few small sizes for personal use; perfume oils and oil warmers for my house.  Love love love Aveda Shampure and Day-Star has a dupe called Shampoo de Luxe and you know we can't order just one FO (got to justify that shipping)!  So what else do you like from there, especially in that kind of clean, herbally type of scent?

I haven't used Shampoo Deluxe in my own products yet but I have melted tarts from CFTKR (tart maker) and it is GREAT. I've also tried "Shampure Type" tarts from CFTKR, and I like Shampoo Deluxe a little better! I will be ordering some soon, too. Good luck with it!

Daystar's Fresh Lemon Slices is great in m&P soap. My personal favorite.

Edited by maryta

• 1 month later...

Late to your thread, but for future perhaps ... Sandalwood & Clary Sage my favs from her for lighter-side-of-herbal. Not sure, but you might like Arabian Heat for its mysteriousness. Heat would be right but it needs a name change I'm thinking. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

A couple weeks ago I was checking out DayStar after seeing it mentioned here, and in the process of looking for a list their favorite scents, I clicked on 'favorites' at the bottom of their site. It was a list of favorite bible quotations. Not exactly what this heathen had in mind, lol.

(No offense intended.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

I just went to their site to order my tea and it says account suspended ?

Ugghh im tired of all this supplier BS-I hope its just a temp thing and they are up and running 

I recall that happened before and everything was ok . Give it a few hours and try again. 

On 6/13/2016 at 8:08 AM, maryta said:

I haven't used Shampoo Deluxe in my own products yet but I have melted tarts from CFTKR (tart maker) and it is GREAT. I've also tried "Shampure Type" tarts from CFTKR, and I like Shampoo Deluxe a little better! I will be ordering some soon, too. Good luck with it!

Daystar's Fresh Lemon Slices is great in m&P soap. My personal favorite.

Maryta I just noticed lemon slices is OOS and only order of 10lbs will be accepted on that FO :( it looks as if those minimums applies to a few other FO's too :( 

Edited by Moonstar

On 3/12/2017 at 5:57 PM, Moonstar said:

Maryta I just noticed lemon slices is OOS and only order of 10lbs will be accepted on that FO :( it looks as if those minimums applies to a few other FO's too :( 

Oh boy, I need to check the site...need  to order a bunch of stuff! I don't need the Lemon Slices, at least.

I now use Shampoo Deluxe for wax tarts and it is great. Shoot, out of stock :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maryta said:

Oh boy, I need to check the site...need  to order a bunch of stuff! I don't need the Lemon Slices, at least.

whats good from there ? have you tried pink kisses - Amande Coco- marshmallow fluff  or the vanilla banana ? how would you describe shampoo deluxe ?

9 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

whats good from there ? have you tried pink kisses - Amande Coco- marshmallow fluff  or the vanilla banana ? how would you describe shampoo deluxe ?

I haven't tried those at all...shampoo deluxe is just like shampure

10 hours ago, maryta said:

I just spoke to Stacy and she said Shampoo Deluxe is back in stock. She just hasn't updated her website but she's working on it. I'm going to send her a PM on Facebook and order that way. :)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 8:49 PM, Belinda said:

I just spoke to Stacy and she said Shampoo Deluxe is back in stock. She just hasn't updated her website but she's working on it. I'm going to send her a PM on Facebook and order that way. :)

thank you, Belinda!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Belinda said:

You're welcome!

Belinda, your knowledge of FOs and suppliers is simply amazing. Do you have any idea how many FOs you've sampled over the years? And being able to keep track of them! Kudos.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:50 AM, Incendia said:

Belinda, your knowledge of FOs and suppliers is simply amazing. Do you have any idea how many FOs you've sampled over the years? And being able to keep track of them! Kudos.

Oh my! I wish I'd kept track of it for sure. I've only been doing this about 4 1/2 years so I really don't have a lot of knowledge yet to offer. I wish I'd kept better notes. I've given TONS of FO's away that I thought I'd never use and wouldn't you know it I had to ask a friend to bring me some of one that I'd given to her this morning because I got an order with that scent in it LOL! 

I just got an order from Candle Wic in when they were having their sale a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a pound bottle of Axe Kilo because my neighbor's son wanted some in sprays and wax. When I put the bottle up on the shelf where I keep my CW oils, I noticed a pound of Axe Kilo already there! *shudder*

I'm just an impulsive buyer and have no sense of organization whatsoever! I do have a lot of FO's though so if you're ever looking for a specific oil and want to try it just ask and I might have it and I'll send you some. The only thing is I'm bad about boxing stuff up and taking forever to actually send it out, but eventually I'll get it to you! LOL!

• Like 1

Stacy delivered some oils to me today and I have to say I LOVE them!

I got the following:

Tres Magnifique- LOVE!

Saddle Shop-I like Texas Candle Supply better but this is still good.

Hey Hey Cute Cabana Boy-LOVE

White Musk-LOVE

Shampoo De Luxe-good but not my favorite. I might change my mind once it's in wax.

Black Orchid and Vanilla- Beautiful scent! I'm not a floral person but this is wonderful!

• Like 1

I have two more orders I want to make of scents from samples that I REALLY like and must have more of. But after that, unless there is a really good sale, I've got to stop ordering new ones, and just put into wax ones I already know I like. Since I don't sell my candles, and only use or give them away, I've got to draw the line somewhere.

Besides, I've got 2 other expensive hobbies to feed... plus my Amazon addiction.  *shudder*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incendia said:

I have two more orders I want to make of scents from samples that I REALLY like and must have more of. But after that, unless there is a really good sale, I've got to stop ordering new ones, and just put into wax ones I already know I like. Since I don't sell my candles, and only use or give them away, I've got to draw the line somewhere.

Besides, I've got 2 other expensive hobbies to feed... plus my Amazon addiction.  *shudder*

I need to stop too! My husband is supposed to build me a wax/craft room on the side of our storage barn but we'll see. It's so crowded in my wax room  now I don't have room to work! Plus, right now most everyone wants car fresheners so I have beads and cookie cutters and mica powders, glitter, stretch loops and all of that taking up space too! It's never ending. If I don't need beads, I need bags or labels or loops or wax or more leather FO etc. *shudder*

I hear ya about the Amazon addiction! Mine's an eBay addiction and occasional Amazon!