Frasier Fir by Candle Science

Trappeur

On 9/14/2016 at 0:05 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Oh my gosh!! I can't even believe I'm considering ordering WPS Frasier Fir! I was working in my shop today and was so disgusted with all the oils I have and now I wanna order from yet another new supplier :( as much as I love this site, boy I sure don't need anymore oils but I read your all's post and think oh I need that!! ;) 

lol, lol  at Daisy.......yep!  we really are a bunch of fo ho's!!!

Trappeur

• Like 1

I thought the same way too with the oils that expensive BF.  But I did something I don't normally do and bit the bullet and ordered 4  (2oz) samples of 

VBN, Frasier Fir, Frosted Cranberry and Limoncello - which are 6.95 a 2oz sample making the order 24.80 + 7.95 Shipping + 5.00 handling which makes a total of $37.75 for 4 (2oz samples).  A little steep I would say, but I ordered.  They say free shipping, but it's only free after you order $40.00 of goods.

Well, I know that if you order from companies and after they add the shipping (say for a pound of oil)  it probably comes out to the same thing as WSP price with them offering free shipping.    But if your ordering a LOT OF OILS like say even 7  (1 pound oils) if the average price lets say WSP has on that oil it is probably 10.00 more a bottle than another supplier, the way I think about it is this.  That 10.00 more that they charge a bottle x 7 bottles is actually the shipping and to me 70.00 to ship 7 bottles is a LOT OF MONEY!  But it is what it is.....if you want it bad enough then you buy it.  If you don't, just don't buy from them.  But I did like that when you sign up with them they have rewards....That should help some on ordering.  This is just my thoughts on the subject.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I never noticed the handling fee before 

I just did the math on ordering lonestars pound shipped to me 33.44

wsp shipped with handling fee is 46.95

14.51 more - 90 cents more a pound....but for me the quality is better in my wax and  many of their scents I can get else where do add up cheaper for going with WSP with shipping costs Sky rocketing these days 

but on another note....going back to lonestars site they have new oils and it's been a long time since I tried them.....?

Just might have to again

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Never mind then... :huh: I went ahead and ordered the VBN from WSP. I'm hoping it's as good as TCS. 

I never tried TCS but I have tried many and I hope your not disappointed because it's my hands down favorite ever VBN from WSP

let me know what you think 

• Like 2

As an aside to this discussion.... I decided to test some other CS samples before I ordered in case I needed more than Fraser Fir.  Well, come to find out, the Snickerdoodle is pretty awesome as well.  And Black Currant Tea....why have I never tried it before?  It's very nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2016 at 7:46 AM, moonshine said:

autumn lodge is awesome, I'm just saying....if you don't have a grandpas pipe,woodsy, cozy cabin with a fire cracklin in the background type scent  ?

I received this yesterday. All I smell is wild mountain honey blended with a pipe tobacco. No smoke or fire. A weird overall smell to me. Is this even worth trying in wax?

crackling firewood smells like bacon. Is something wrong with my sniffer?

???

I just choked on my tea

WSP cracking firewood, the one I sent you a sample of.....I do not smell bacon at all- it's very soft nothing like SC woodsmoke or BCN campfire but no bacon ? Over here 

autumn lodge.....I love love love this complex fragrance 

I don't smell honey at all, pipe tobacco yes- heavy actually and maybe even a touch of cherry but in soy wax when burning this in office people always comment how Wonderful it is and how many different smells come from it

I describe it as grandpa smoking a pipe in his recliner in a cozy little cabin with a roaring fire on a chilly damp night 

I am not real great at picking up on many different notes in fragrances and I seem to really like the unusual ones....if you absolutely hate the autumn lodge I will buy it from you 

I am dropping the cracklin firewood after getting the campfire, that's definitely more what I was looking for 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2016 at 8:26 PM, moonshine said:

???

I just choked on my tea

WSP cracking firewood, the one I sent you a sample of.....I do not smell bacon at all- it's very soft nothing like SC woodsmoke or BCN campfire but no bacon ? Over here 

autumn lodge.....I love love love this complex fragrance 

I don't smell honey at all, pipe tobacco yes- heavy actually and maybe even a touch of cherry but in soy wax when burning this in office people always comment how Wonderful it is and how many different smells come from it

I describe it as grandpa smoking a pipe in his recliner in a cozy little cabin with a roaring fire on a chilly damp night 

I am not real great at picking up on many different notes in fragrances and I seem to really like the unusual ones....if you absolutely hate the autumn lodge I will buy it from you 

I am dropping the cracklin firewood after getting the campfire, that's definitely more what I was looking for 

Let me know how the campfire is in wax & how much you end up using . I would imagine you would need much less ??? 

• 4 months later...

This is a tidbit about the real tree - Fraser Fir. I was thinking my new sample from Candle Science smelled like a fir that grows in our Sierra Nevada, and it turns out it's in the same genus. Ours is Abies concolor, and scent is one of the identifying characteristics. No wonder they smelled similar. We do not have the real Frasier fir in Cali however. Unless cut on a Christmas tree lot in December.

From Wikipedia, if anyone is interested in RL trees:

The Fraser fir, Abies fraseri, is a species of fir native to the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina and other states in the eastern U.S.

Abies fraseri is closely related to balsam fir (Abies balsamea), of which it has occasionally been treated as a subspecies (as A. balsamea subsp. fraseri (Pursh) E.Murray) or a variety (as A. balsamea var. fraseri (Pursh) Spach).[3

The species Abies fraseri is named after the Scottish botanist John Fraser (1750–1811), who made numerous botanical collections in the region.[4] It is sometimes misspelled "Frasier," "Frazer" or "Frazier."