Layered Vanilla Passion

Breanna

Hi Everyone,,I made some layer candles made with 4625,,1oz Vanilla Passion. I really need to know what you think because when I do layers it seems that parts look rustic and other parts smooth and shiney,,please help and tell me what I am doing wrong please,,TIA

Initial pour temp was 155 all three layer,,then last pour after all cooled done @ 175,,,

post-437-139458390707_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458390709_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458390711_thumb.jpg

Those are real nice! The rustic looks good even though that wasn't what you wanted. Is it possible that you poured both at once, that is, you set up two molds, and poured the first layer for each at the same time, perhaps pouring the first layer on the tall one first, then the first layer on the short one second? If that is the case, the wax may have cooled enough to cause the rustic look. You could pour the first layer on one, then reheat the wax to ab 185* and giving the second mold a quick heat gun shot then pour that layer. Correct me if I"m wrong. Those still look good though!

your geek :grin2:

Yes,,I usually pour @ 175 when making a solid colored pillar,
You'd want to do the same for layers I think. Just wait till the surface of the previous layer isn't too squishy and you can pour the next one hot. That way you'll get the usual smooth finish on the outside. It might even be helpful to increase the pour temp a little to ensure the layers join up nicely. They cool down quicker than a whole candle.

You'd want to do the same for layers I think. Just wait till the surface of the previous layer isn't too squishy and you can pour the next one hot. That way you'll get the usual smooth finish on the outside. It might even be helpful to increase the pour temp a little to ensure the layers join up nicely. They cool down quicker than a whole candle.

Thanks Top,,I will try it and see what happens,,:highfive:

• 1 month later...