So many soys....Which wax is your fav?

I'm just looking for some honest input on the waxes that our out there for containers before I dive in and purchase a case of soy wax. So all you soy experts out there...please chime in!

I've used EZsoy, KY and Candlewics... But why do you stick with the wax you've tested tested tested on? Does it seem that they're really all the same? I guess I just haven't noticed a huge difference between the three that I've played with.

BCN is closest to me, so what's the big difference between their soy container waxes?

I use KY125 and stick with it because I don't want to test over with a different soy and KY is closer to me so cheaper on shipping. From what I read most of the soy is the about the same. Straight soy vs. straight soy and soy w/cottonseed vs. soy w/cottonseed, etc. I don't know that for sure but have read that.

I'm just looking for some honest input on the waxes that our out there for containers before I dive in and purchase a case of soy wax. So all you soy experts out there...please chime in!

I've used EZsoy, KY and Candlewics... But why do you stick with the wax you've tested tested tested on? Does it seem that they're really all the same? I guess I just haven't noticed a huge difference between the three that I've played with.

BCN is closest to me, so what's the big difference between their soy container waxes?

KY Pureblend and EZsoy are essentially the same wax. I would stick with the one that is closest, that worked the best for me. Shipping can be very expensive. I recently changed from Puresoy to EZsoy, just because BCS is closer to me.

I like KY soy with cotton seed. Have tried many others but like theirs better than any. I find that no matter which soy/paraffin you use you'll have some good batches and some bad. And seems like the waxes come from the same manufacture any way so doesn't make much difference who you get it from. You'll like KY, nice people and good FO too, if closer I'd go with them.

BCN is the closest or Candle Cocoon

I like Ky125, but I guess maybe I'll give BCN soy another try.

If you don't like the appearance of the EZSoy and you haven't yet, I would add a little beeswax to it, it will help some with the frosting, the throw and will help smooth out the tops.

Being in Florida the only FL wax supplier right now is EL, which I did test and did not like at all. I have been using and testing Tennessee Candles Celestial Soy for the last 5 months or so. At this point I keep using it because the shipping is reasonable, service is fantastic and if I ever want to get done testing and actually sell anything in this lifetime :shocked2: it would be best for me to stick with what I know and have invested so much time and money into.

The TC Celestial Soy is just Gloden Foods/Brands Plain 415 (Snowtops is the same thing also, and I am sure several others)

I think everyone has to test,test,test which soy wax they like best. I have been using Ecosoya PB, but it also frosts. I added one oz of liquid soy(Crisco oil)to a pound of the wax and it seems to smooth out the finish. I am looking for a better soy wax as I cannot burn parafin candles due to asthma and the soy candles do not bother me.I will be reading this post with great interest.

Go Steelers.:yay: