How to find out how much wax for a cookie sheet?

Hi,

How would I go about finding how much wax I need to fill a cookie sheet? I am trying to make a sheet of wax but am not sure how to go about calculating this. It does not have to fill it the entire way but be thick to pick up without breaking. Also, I am so glad to have this website. This is a blessing in disguise when I found this :)

Thanks.

Anthony

- This is for a school project. I have to make a sheet of wax. I saw a youtube video of someone making a Candle Pie using a cookie sheet and pouring wax on there which gave me the idea of doing it that way.

• Like 1

I would fill the cookie sheet with water, weigh the water, then multiply the result by whatever the specific gravity is for that wax.

Example, 

if the cookie sheet holds 2 lbs of water, typical soy wax has a specific gravity of 0.89 or so (googled specific gravity of EcoSoya wax).

2 lbs times .89 = 1.78 lbs of wax. You can get closer with grams, but you get the idea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2017 at 10:44 AM, TallTayl said:

I would fill the cookie sheet with water, weigh the water, then multiply the result by whatever the specific gravity is for that wax.

Example, 

if the cookie sheet holds 2 lbs of water, typical soy wax has a specific gravity of 0.89 or so (googled specific gravity of EcoSoya wax).

2 lbs times .89 = 1.78 lbs of wax. You can get closer with grams, but you get the idea. 

Very smart!!  I would have never thought of this!  Thanks for sharing.