FO & Percentages, describe your formula

What FO can you get away with using only 6-7%?

What FO requires you to use 8-9%

What FO requires more than 9%?

I talking about a hecka good scent throw.

Im counting on your responses for testing purposes. Thanks in advance. BTW I use EL Mill...

You'll find some suppliers carry stronger scents than others, and the same supplier can have scents that require more or less usage. Some of them will even tell you (or you may just ask) if a certain FO is really strong or if you need to wick up on it. A lot of people start at 6% and go up or down from there depending on how it tested.

Wish I could answer that for you..

That would make it sooo much easier if there was an exact formula....

But different types of wax work differently with each FO's.

So, what works well with one type of wax and FO, may not work for another type.:cry2:

I would say to start at 1.25% FO and go from there.

Test is and see if you need more or less FO with the type of wax your using.

What type of wax are you using? Maybe then someone can help ya out alittle more and give you a starting point...:)

Wish I could answer that for you..

That would make it sooo much easier if there was an exact formula....

But different types of wax work differently with each FO's.

So, what works well with one type of wax and FO, may not work for another type.:cry2:

I would say to start at 1.25% FO and go from there.

Test is and see if you need more or less FO with the type of wax your using.

What type of wax are you using? Maybe then someone can help ya out alittle more and give you a starting point...:)

EL Mil..... is what I want to use

The bottom line is that no one can do your testing for you and what works for someone else may not work for you. You can search back through the Fragrance pages too and find references to FOs that work well for people in soy, but at the end of the day, you just have to try it all for yourself. Good luck!

Throw too is also very subjective and our noses detect odors/smells differently. What throws well to some, may not throw well to another. For example, certain FOs run my DH out of the house while to me, they are not that strong. You just really need to test to find out what is strong for you and at what percentage load. Good luck. :)

Here are some good suppliers:

Millcreek

Tennessee

BnL

Tony's

Snowtops

Let your friends and patrons be your guide. I have more times than not had people compliment me on how good the smell is in their homes when burning one of my candles. I've bought tons of candles that did throw squat, so I think its important to give them a richly scented product that throws well.

I usually stay around the 8.5% mark with most. People that buy'em want to smell'em.

HTH

John