Home Interiors Type Mulberry?

GailC

A friend of mine loved the Mulberry candle HI used to sell.  I did a search on here and found that RE has a HI Mulberry dupe.  So I may be breaking my 2 months and 4 days moratorium from buying Fragrance Oils.  :) 

I know that RE's Baked Apple smells like I remember HI's Baked Apple smelled.  Does anyone know if their Mulberry truly smells like HI's?  The Mulberry I have is from Aztec, and I like it OK, but it's not a favorite of mine.  I am almost out of it, so I need more Mulberry anyway from somewhere.

What is your favorite Mulberry?

(I am almost out of Plum Tart from RE as well, so there's another excuse to place an order with them.)

I don't know about the HI scent, but have to say:  WOW!  2 months and 4 days??  What is your secret?  Seriously, there are a bunch of us FO addicts that wanna know how you did that.  :)    

Does the plum tart REALLY smell like plums?  I have been looking for a true plum scent.

Edited by franu61

59 minutes ago, franu61 said:

I don't know about the HI scent, but have to say:  WOW!  2 months and 4 days??  What is your secret?  Seriously, there are a bunch of us FO addicts that wanna know how you did that.  :)    

Does the plum tart REALLY smell like plums?  I have been looking for a true plum scent.

I honestly don't know what happened. :)  I didn't order when RE had their 99 cent sample sale and I didn't order last week when CS had theirs.  My desire just tapered off and I wanted to empty my stuffed cabinets a little before ordering more 1 pound FO's to find room for.  

And I figured the ton of 1 oz samples I already have was enough for now.  I don't need to be tempted to buy more new scents.

But hey, if a new customer wants a Home Interiors type Mulberry, what else can I do but accommodate him, especially since my Plum Tart is almost gone too and I can buy them both at the same place?  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I have tried it, and to my mind it did smell like the HI candle.  Of course, it's been years since I smelled the actual HI candle, and my memory may not be 100% accurate, but I think it's pretty darn close.

Thanks!  That's all the push I needed to place an order.....now what else should I buy besides Plum Tart to make the shipping not so bad. :)  (Shipping is the same for 2 or 3 one pound bottles)

1 hour ago, franu61 said:

I forgot to answer your question about Plum Tart.  I doubt if it's the kind of plum you're looking for; it's got a lot more going on besides plum.  Here is the scent description:  Sparkling hints of citrus and fruity plums nestle in warm vanilla tart sugared with cinnamon spice. Plummy, tart and super delicious with notes of orange, grapefruit, plum, rose, lavender, and cinnamon vanilla.

It does smell wonderful to me.  I'm burning one now, and my daughter came in and said it smelled delicious.

3 hours ago, GailC said:

I forgot to answer your question about Plum Tart.  I doubt if it's the kind of plum you're looking for; it's got a lot more going on besides plum.  Here is the scent description:  Sparkling hints of citrus and fruity plums nestle in warm vanilla tart sugared with cinnamon spice. Plummy, tart and super delicious with notes of orange, grapefruit, plum, rose, lavender, and cinnamon vanilla.

It does smell wonderful to me.  I'm burning one now, and my daughter came in and said it smelled delicious.

Yeah, that's what I'm running into with all the plum scents...a lot more going on than just plum.  I bet they smell delicious, but my customer wants just plum.  thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, GailC said:

.....now what else should I buy besides Plum Tart to make the shipping not so bad. :)  (Shipping is the same for 2 or 3 one pound bottles)

Silly question.  
Buy them all. 
We need to try ALL the FO's, Gail.  Every single one.

😈

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, GailC said:

A friend of mine loved the Mulberry candle HI used to sell.  I did a search on here and found that RE has a HI Mulberry dupe.  So I may be breaking my 2 months and 4 days moratorium from buying Fragrance Oils.  :) 

I know that RE's Baked Apple smells like I remember HI's Baked Apple smelled.  Does anyone know if their Mulberry truly smells like HI's?  The Mulberry I have is from Aztec, and I like it OK, but it's not a favorite of mine.  I am almost out of it, so I need more Mulberry anyway from somewhere.

What is your favorite Mulberry?

(I am almost out of Plum Tart from RE as well, so there's another excuse to place an order with them.)

Gail, I don't know what Home Interiors smells like, but one day I tried last year Fragrance Buddy's Frosted Mulberry and it is a great thrower and a strong one too.  I really love it.

My friends son loves it so much that is all he ever orders from me.   I If you give me your address, I'm going to town today and will send you a few ounces of it....I know you order from them, and if you like it, you can order it!

Trappeur

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Gail, I don't know what Home Interiors smells like, but one day I tried last year Fragrance Buddy's Frosted Mulberry and it is a great thrower and a strong one too.  I really love it.

My friends son loves it so much that is all he ever orders from me.   I If you give me your address, I'm going to town today and will send you a few ounces of it....I know you order from them, and if you like it, you can order it!

Trappeur

Aww, thanks, Trappeur, but you don't have to do that.  My friend said the only 2 candle scents he ever liked was Home Interiors Mulberry and Apple Cinnamon (I think he means their Baked Apple).  I already have the Baked Apple dupe from RE, now I want to get the Mulberry dupe to see if it smells like the Home Interior candle he liked so much.

The Frosted Mulberry sounds great!  I looked on FB's website though and couldn't find it.  All I saw was plain Mulberry.

@GailC, have you tried Fallen Leaves from RE? I got it during their sample sale, and it is quite possibly the best non-pumpkin fall fragrance I have ever smelled. I  just poured it with NG's Dirt at a 90:10 ratio, and it is freaking fantastic. Just the right mix of loamy earth, crisp air, leaves and the tiniest hint of fall fruit. 

I just wanted to share since you are placing an order! 😄

@Sarah S oh man, I didn't see your post before I ordered. (I can't brag about how long it's been since I ordered FO anymore.  :) )

Fallen Leaves sounds very nice.  I do have Leaves from Aztec and it was so very popular last fall.

After much deliberation, I finally settled on:

Mulberry (HI type)

Plum Tart (restocking)

Funnel Cake (Have a sample of that and oh it smells yummy.)

Sugared Spruce (Taking a chance because I haven't smelled this one, but I like the Sugared Spruce FO's I have smelled)

Dark Chocolate (A potential customer asked if I had this one, and it was one of the few FO's I don't have.  Haven't smelled this one either.  I'm thinking it would be a good mixer with lots of scents, like orange and cherry)

So now I can look forward to getting an order again.  Yay!  Plus 3 free samples.  I wish RE offered more variety of FO's for free samples.  I already had several they had on the list.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

Oh Gail!    Fragrance Buddy has a 20% sale going on this weekend!   Didn't want you to miss it...ha ha ha!

You've been a good girl not ordering since you said it's been a few months, but maybe you should get in on this one?   I'm going to.

Trappeur

6 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh Gail!    Fragrance Buddy has a 20% sale going on this weekend!   Didn't want you to miss it...ha ha ha!

You've been a good girl not ordering since you said it's been a few months, but maybe you should get in on this one?   I'm going to.

Trappeur

No, no, no!!!!!  Don't tell me that!  I haven't been a good girl....I've placed 2 orders this past week, getting some new scents people are asking for.  And I found them all!

One potential new customer asked about some fragrances that a company called Candelle's sells. Would you believe I found 3 of them at Nature's Garden and the scent descriptions are so similar I even wondering if NG and Candelle's get their oils from the same main supplier.

For example, here is Candelle's scent description of their Cabin Getaway:

FRAGRANT NOTES:
top - cinnamon bark
middle - bayberries, cranberries
base - orange zest

And here is Nature's Garden's scent description of Christmas Cabin:

Top Notes:  cinnamon, orange zests
Mid Notes: cranberry
Base Notes: bayberry, woods

Well the notes are in different order, but other than that.  She also wanted Sugar & Fig and Lavender Sage.  Just when I think I have everything anyone could possibly want, someone asked for something I don't have.  Another new customer wanted Dark Chocolate, so I ordered that from RE and it smells wonderful OOB.  She did buy 2 other scents I already had.  

Oh, and the Mulberry from RE smells so good!  I found a new bottle of Mulberry from NG in the back of my cabinet after I had already ordered, but I like RE's much better.  NG's smells like Kool-aid to me.  That's what my daughter said too, but she liked the Kool-aid Mulberry better!

So now my cabinets are stuffed full again, and I have 5 more coming from NG on Tuesday.  I had to buy 5 you know to get the $1.00 off each one.  I bought some Carrot Cake because that's another one I don't have.

Now, I have to go check out FB.....oh dear.  But 20% off!  Guess I could restock my Cinnamon Broom for one.  My granddaughter loves that one.

Oh boy that Cabin Get Away smells right up my alley!   I'm going to check it out.  Please update the scent how it does for you Gail!

And yep, I thought of you instantly when I got the notice of their sale and Cinnamon Broom.  I better get 3 or 4 pounds of that myself as I need it.  I could use up the whole 100.00 just ordering Cinnamon broom only to get free shipping.

I'm getting the new scent Smore's also.   

Gail, what else do you recommend?

Trappeur

@Trappeur, Nature's Garden is called Christmas Cabin.

Lemon Pound Cake is wonderful and very popular with customers.  Customers also like Spiced Apples & Peaches.

Others I like:

Pumpkin Cupcake -  I bought a bunch of it when they had it for $8.00 a pound.  Then I saw it went up to regular price.  Now it's on sale for $10.00 a pound

Sea Witch - A very good ocean scent.  I rename it.

Salted Caramel

For summer scents, Caribbean Escape and Jamaica Me Crazy are good and customers like them.