Patchouli Haze

Brenda

I cut and trimmed these bars (made in a slab mold) this evening after work. I was happy with the result of my swirls in this shea-heavy bar of patchouli and lavender EO. Swirled with lavender ultramarine and pink amethyst color trying for a "girly look". Do you think Patchouli Haze is a good name? Any other name suggestions?:)

patchouli_haze.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Brenda

The soap looks lovely, but umm patchouli haze makes it sound like a stoner's soap. JMO lol! How about Flower Power or Peace or something from the funky 60s and early 70s?

Yeah...I thought it sounded like that too. :rolleyes2 Just stumped for a name. I do appreciate any and all suggestions!

Brenda

It is so pretty, I am thinking Patch Sunrise, or Patch Sunset or Pretty Patcholi, Patch Dreams, Patch Heaven, or Heavenly Patcholi something etheral or nature related. Patch haze reiminds me of Jimmi Hendrix LOL

Great name ideas! :yay: Waaaaaaay better than my pitiful attempt! :cool2:

Thanks!

Guest EMercier

I like that! So you think you're good with your swirls huh? Showing us new soapmakers up huh? I'm kidding! I really like looking at your soaps, they are so beautiful! ;)

Thanks! :)

Grumpy Girl - I used MMS Lavender Fields ultramarine and MMS Amethyst Pink (INCI: red 30 Lake). Just mixed them each in a little warm oil from the pot before adding a little lightly traced soap for swirling in the bar mold.

I was hoping I would like lavender ultramarine 'cause I bought 16 oz. of the stuff. :yay: It's a keeper, I think!

Brenda

Thanks! :)

Grumpy Girl - I used MMS Lavender Fields ultramarine and MMS Amethyst Pink (INCI: red 30 Lake). Just mixed them each in a little warm oil from the pot before adding a little lightly traced soap for swirling in the bar mold.

I was hoping I would like lavender ultramarine 'cause I bought 16 oz. of the stuff. :yay: It's a keeper, I think!

Brenda

Yikes, 16oz of that must be huge. I bought 2oz 6 months ago and have barely made a dent. LOL

The soap looks lovely, but umm patchouli haze makes it sound like a stoner's soap. JMO lol! How about Flower Power or Peace or something from the funky 60s and early 70s?

When I saw the name "patchouli haze" I thought "well, it better have some purple in it", lol. That's my age showing because it sounds like a take off on the song "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix. I LOVE the name, but then I'm an old hippy at heart. BTW, your swirlies are loverly!;)

I like Patchouli Haze as well...I call my Patchouli "Peaceful Patchouli" and the label has a peace sign in cycadelic (spelling) colors, people always comment on that era when buying it. When I think of Patch I think of War, Peace and pot...LOL

Also editing to say the soap is beautiful, you are doing great work...you are a pro