Men's Scents

I was wondering if any of you have made perfumes/cologne for men.  I brought some perfumes for my in-laws/ cousins and had a husband or two who was asking if I made Men's kinds.  Needless to say, I've been looking around to see what scents I might play around for him.  Do you have any ideas as to what fragrances I might look into?  Thanks!

One I stumbled onto is crafters choice oak moss sandalwood. 

I visited The Perfumery today to learn about their new Clean Fragrances line. The collection includes many new blends that would make your men’s line shine. 

• Like 1

It seems the mahogany & teakwood types, along with sandalwood types, are very nice.  I think the thing to look out for, if it matters to you (which it does to me) is to be careful when there is synthetic musk involved and if there is, to research to see what type.  Some types are safer than others, while some have issues, both environmental & long-term health.  I've been doing some reading about the various types, but it's taking me some time to study it, so in the meantime, if the description says musk as a base note, I look for another scent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks TallTayl!  I did look at your store and they do have some ideas to look for!  Also, thanks to birdcharm too for your input and ideas!  Funny thing is that I've always used musk as a base note and never really thought of trying it otherwise.  The sandalwood I've pretty much used mostly is Indian Sandalwood...

5 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

Thanks TallTayl!  I did look at your store and they do have some ideas to look for!  Also, thanks to birdcharm too for your input and ideas!  Funny thing is that I've always used musk as a base note and never really thought of trying it otherwise.  The sandalwood I've pretty much used mostly is Indian Sandalwood...

Indian sandalwood is pretty sharp, as I remember. 

I think you will love Asmodeus and Samba Sauna for your men’s line.  Both are so nuanced and beautiful! I can send sniffles if you like.  Just om an address. I don’t have pricing on them but will soon as I already tested in product from the samples and have a few drops left. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Cross-stitch said:

... Funny thing is that I've always used musk as a base note and never really thought of trying it otherwise.  The sandalwood I've pretty much used mostly is Indian Sandalwood...

There are some types of synthetic musks, I think they're called macrocyclic musks, that are not considered a risk or as much of one.  Some of the other ones we commonly see used (Galaxolide, Cashmeran, Traseolide, musk ketone, for instance) (nitromusks or polycyclic musks) are types that are not considered to be good to use, with some being linked to cancer.  Since these are materials we handle in excess, it's not a bad idea to check it out.  :)

• Like 1

What scents are those TallTayl?  They do sound interesting!!  I talked with a couple of guys at work about this and they got pretty excited!  Told me they were going to write down some scents that they like too!!  Am sending you a message as well. 🙂