Fund Raiser Forms / Introduction letter / Pricing

After manufacturing for 26 years, I've finally decided to get into "fund raising".  Does anyone have a fundraising introduction letter that you send out that details the terms?  I know that I am only going to offer 4 scent choices to keep it from getting crazy.  I'm looking for any guidance that I can get as this is a totally new "ballgame" for me. 

I appreciate any and all responses.

Cheers,

DAF

I would like to do this also but have no idea how to start. One of our board members, Gail, did them all the time but she passed away a while back. I’ll check back in our messages she sent me on Facebook and see if I can find any information about how she did hers. She did quite well doing that. I think she knew a woman that worked where she did the fundraiser and she would send a list of scents to offer and they would order however many of each scent they wanted but I could be wrong. I work at a school and have friends who work at surrounding schools that could pass along the information and I should be doing this myself and make some of my money back! I’ll let you know what I find out from mine and Gails messages.

• Like 1

My candle business has been mainly fundraisers since 2007. My best friend at the time got me started with her elementary class raising funds for their ecology camp. Over the years I have streamlined my program so that it's really easy and efficient. I provide the order form with 10 pre-selected fragrances, they sell, I get my cut at delivery. I am basically a wholesaler and never touch their money. 

2 hours ago, Lighten Up said:

My candle business has been mainly fundraisers since 2007. My best friend at the time got me started with her elementary class raising funds for their ecology camp. Over the years I have streamlined my program so that it's really easy and efficient. I provide the order form with 10 pre-selected fragrances, they sell, I get my cut at delivery. I am basically a wholesaler and never touch their money. 

So you just send forms with the fragrances you’re offering and they order how many of each and you make them? Then when you deliver you get their money? If I’m not mistaken that’s kind of how Gail did hers too. I know she told me she would offer so many fragrances to choose from and then they’d turn their orders in to her and she’d fill the orders.

So does each student get a form to take home and take orders on?

I use the same order form for every group, and I just email it to them as a jpg. Each group adds their own cover letter that details the dates, what the funds are for, etc. They are responsible for printing and distributing, a majority are schools, so they have access to all that. Once they collect the completed forms and money, I get the totals and pack them up. I ask for 2 weeks turn around in case I have to order something, but I usually have them made ahead.