Fall scents! Supplier suggestions and the ones with the best clarity!

We make Great Lake themed candles. As fall and winter season is upon us I just wondered if anyone has any luck with clean non perfume scents that I might be able to add as an option and not lose the crystal clear clarity of my candles. 
We use a Cedar, Mint Sage, and a Lavender blend that work really well. I am adding a Moss and Amber and will layer the candle for this one because of the clarity loss.  

We use medium weight wax. Other than the pernicious bubbles which are a constant battle. Ugh!  Things are going well.

Thanks!!

SheRockHunts

For essential oils, I would call The Perfumery in Southern Indiana. They have some wonderful blends that are unique and complex. Their online catalog doesn’t really do much show their capabilities, so call and ask for a sales person. They are very nice to talk to. You can tell them that Shannon sent you.

• Thanks 1

For anyone following along, and would like to inquire with The Perfumery, they are B2B focused so you’ll need a business ID to log in to see the standard published pricing catalog and place online orders. The online catalog is a fraction of their offerings, to learn about the good stuff you need to make contact 🥳.  The online cart may not calculate shipping well, so I usually phone in to get the actual quotes before I send payment info. 

I work with the Director of Sales, Casey Long. CLong@ThePerfumery.com. Tel: 662-706-1666. Perhaps I can convince him and team to introduce themselves here soon. 

for those in need of smaller amounts than they currently offer B2B, let me know and if I have them in stock I can share. 
I tried out their duplication service and was extremely pleased with the result.  I chose a holiday favorite that is no longer available due to the corporate buyout of Elements Bath and Body: Rocky Mountain Christmas. It smells identical, is now phthalate free AND I can use it in skin applications.  Talk about a home run!

You can tell them Shannon of Scenter Square shared his contact info to possibly get to a better pricing set than what is published online when you are set up as a customer. Likewise, they have thousands of excellent “Clean Fragrances” and EO blends I’ve put in various products for them to evaluate from a customer’s perspective. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2024 at 2:56 PM, TallTayl said:

For anyone following along, and would like to inquire with The Perfumery, they are B2B focused so you’ll need a business ID to log in to see the standard published pricing catalog and place online orders. The online catalog is a fraction of their offerings, to learn about the good stuff you need to make contact 🥳.  The online cart may not calculate shipping well, so I usually phone in to get the actual quotes before I send payment info. 

I work with the Director of Sales, Casey Long. CLong@ThePerfumery.com. Tel: 662-706-1666. Perhaps I can convince him and team to introduce themselves here soon. 

for those in need of smaller amounts than they currently offer B2B, let me know and if I have them in stock I can share. 
I tried out their duplication service and was extremely pleased with the result.  I chose a holiday favorite that is no longer available due to the corporate buyout of Elements Bath and Body: Rocky Mountain Christmas. It smells identical, is now phthalate free AND I can use it in skin applications.  Talk about a home run!

You can tell them Shannon of Scenter Square shared his contact info to possibly get to a better pricing set than what is published online when you are set up as a customer. Likewise, they have thousands of excellent “Clean Fragrances” and EO blends I’ve put in various products for them to evaluate from a customer’s perspective. 

On 8/29/2024 at 4:45 PM, Sherockhunts said:

We make Great Lake themed candles. As fall and winter season is upon us I just wondered if anyone has any luck with clean non perfume scents that I might be able to add as an option and not lose the crystal clear clarity of my gel wax candles. 
We use a Cedar, Mint Sage, and a Lavender blend that work really well. I am adding a Moss and Amber and will layer the candle for this one because of the clarity loss.  

We use medium weight wax. Other than the pernicious bubbles which are a constant battle. Ugh!  Things are going well.

Thanks!!

SheRockHunts

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2024 at 3:45 PM, Sherockhunts said:

We make Great Lake themed candles. As fall and winter season is upon us I just wondered if anyone has any luck with clean non perfume scents that I might be able to add as an option and not lose the crystal clear clarity of my candles. 

Thanks!!

SheRockHunts

I used to make gel candles quite often.  The non-polar scents from Candles & Supplies worked well for me, but it seems their pricing is much higher nowadays.  As for bubbles, I found that heat is the best thing for that and if you use any embeds, coat them with gel first and it can help reduce bubbles.

• Like 1