Fear of success.. My turn?!??

cybersix

Hi all, I didn't say my opinion when the thread was opened.

Now I begin to feel a little worried.

The first part of the fundraiser for the animal shelter went good.

So they asked me to do 25-30 pillars for the next appointment.

Plus, the hairdresser (who is so kind, she has my candles and firestarters in her shop) says she has a list of people interested in my candle, so tomorrow I have to call and see what I have to do.

I'm happy, but I don't know if I can make it all.

I work 8 hours a day (5 days a week) as software developer, I live on my own so everything that concerne the house (and the cats) it's up to me.

I hope I will have time and possibility to do all things I have to do, I really want to succeed but I'm scared at the same time.

Thanks for reading me and thanks to all CT members, I feel you're my friends.

Ciao da Milano!!

Guest EMercier

I do that as well. I have to figure in that I work 8 hours a day (not including commuting) as well as go to school FT. I never get a complaint. There have been about 1-2 times I"ve called to tell them I need another day or two and I've had no problems and they order again. You can only do but so much. I also pace myself and if needs be I make a little each day.

I hear you! I know exactly what you mean. I have a 2-year-old, and while some people can manage their time and seem to have a clean house on top of it all, I certainly haven't found the ability to do that. I'm learning that what helps me is to make sure that every time I start to get stressed, I take as much time as it is necessary to recenter myself. For me, that means prayer and spending time with my family, until I can tackle the problem or order without anxiety. Also, I do my very best to say NO when I have to - and the more I set proper boundaries and only accept what I can do, the more people respect my business and will wait for however long it takes, as long as I'm growing in a deliberate way.

I'm so excited for you, and I hope you find much continued success with your candle business!

People tend to be more understanding if you explain why it won't be ready until xxx day. If you just say, I can't give it to you until xxx day, it doesn't sound so good. Make it sound positive - say something like "the candles are made fresh to order so it will take n days to prepare".

HI,,I know that I do not work,,,But running my house can be a full time job @ times. On my website I ask for up to 2 weeks and depending on how many orders I have to Deliver local are done up to 7 days. Usually if you let your customers know a time limit,,they will respect that. I think that it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Dont panic,,,keep a positive focus and I know you can do it!!!.....