Two Questions

Grumpy Girl

First, I need a slow as hell to trace recipe using oh, one or two basic oils. I'm not sure, but I read 100% lard was a slow tracer, am I correct? I'm looking for LOTS of playtime here. I mean LOTS.

(There will be a reason for this madness.)

Second, will MP bind with CP? Like, say... oh a layer of MP on CP. Has anyone tried this with any success?

(Promise you, I havent' lost my mind.)

Thanks for the help!

2 answers! Yes, lard takes a while, but think you get even longer working time with olive! Or do a 60% lard 40% olive...

And yes! I've layered MP and CP.. Also embedded MP in CP.. Just get each layer of CP super duper thick so it'll hold the next layer of soap unless you want them to combine.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

You need it thick enough to suspend. Think a medium thick pudding. Just poke the embeds in where you want them with a skewer, and If you put the embeds in at a light trace, they'll all sink to the bottom and be a mess! Plop the whole thing in the fridge so it doesn't gel (have never gelled one, was too afraid the heat would melt the M&P)

Viola!

I have a few batches that I made individual soap molds and put some in a log mold. The soaps that didn't gel, in the small molds (clamshells etc), bubble better and are lighter colored and creamier looking.

I have a soap that gelled in the center and not all the way to the edges and it is funky looking. It has a dark center and light creamy looking edges.

I'd like to not gel at all, but I can't keep the center from gelling and like bunny said, gel it all or nothing.