MaryAnn, how'd the Lava Lips project turn out??

Michi

I actually did post back to that thread that I survived. I just wasn't feeling 100% (My son and I were wiped out on Sunday by the throwing up, etc. viral bug). So Monday crunch time came as I still had a craft to do for my son's kindergarten class, 40 goody bags to prepare, 40 valentine's to get my two kid's to sign, two valentine boxes to have them make, and the 4th grade ??? craft. That's why I decided on the Lip Lava. I knew when I was posting people probably thought it was crazy (so did I), but I was desperate for something quick and I had all the materials.....

We kept it a mystery till they came to that center (or at least till the first set walked away w/ their's :D). I had my son and one of his friend's first- who really whooped it up (saying how awesome it was). They were all clammering to come over right from the start. So by the end of the party even the ones that were too cool to want to make it came over and ended up making it. Its funny ya just never know how kids (or people in general) will react to things, its all in how its presented....

I ended up calling it Lip Lava. They had their choice of watermelon, cherry, or blueberry (left grape out as we would have had to make purple coloring and I didn't want to get into that), then they choose between red, blue, or green lava. They were able to count out the vit E, and the flavoring w/ droppers into their bottle. In another bottle I had glycerin waiting that they added a drop of food coloring to and shook. Once shook they slowly added it too the vit E and flavoring then I filled the rest of the way in SAO. Another mom came over to put the rollers on and wipe down the bottle w/ rubbing alcohol and put a sticker on. The stickers if they wanted it read LIP LAVA w/ either a heart next to it or a volcano erupting (mainly for the boys BUT some girls chose it as well).

SOOOOOO Michele to answer your question, IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!! All 22 kids made one by choice! Not to mention the teacher just luved it (and that is a feat in itself to get a reaction out of her) :yay: