Need serious help with clear laser labels PLEASE!

Michi

Ok I bought some clear laser labels and am just now trying them out, and they are NOT working.

All my words come out all bleeding looking and smeary (is that a real word? LOL)

Is there a trick to getting these to work? I looked to see if there was a certain setting for clear label paper in my printer set up but there's not, so I used transparency paper setting since I felt that was the closest thing to what I have. ????

I really wanted to use these but I have a hard enough time trying to make regular labels look decent, and these are being an even bigger PITA than those. :eek::(

Any advice, tricks or help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

Michelle

I have an HP photosmart 8450, supposedly top of the line etc. etc. I told the guy I would be making labels, brochures, photos etc. and this is what he recommended.

Mind you I haven't really played with it that much, I hate reading manuals, etc. and have yet to print out any pictures with it.

The first time I printed the label I just used the regular setting and it came out kind of smeared looking, more like it was bleeding and the letters were blurry, that's why I tried to change it to recognize the difference in the papers, but it was WORSE the second go round. :(

I don't know what to do???

OMG the guy told me this WAS a laser printer!! :mad: So, all this time I've been hunting around trying to find LASER photo paper, laser labels, etc etc. etc. That just sooo pisses me off!!

He even told me to make sure I buy laser paper for it, blah blah blah......

No wonder!!

Thanks you guys! :)

Boy do I feel like an idiot now!

The thing is though I've had it for about a year, and didn't even know-I feel like an idiot, but like I said before, I never have read the manual.

I DO know that he told me it was, b/c I had to go out immediately and find laser paper and laser photo paper etc. which is not as easy to find as the inkjet paper.

That makes me soooo mad!! grrrrrrrrr