Consignment shop question....

I am looking into selling my gel candles at consignment shops, so I stopped at a couple of them today. I was told that people are more into the soy-type candles than any other. Is this true, or was the woman trying to steer me away? What do you think - should I give it a go anyway?

TIA,

danielle & dave

Soy candles may be popular, but take a look at what you find in shops. Paraffin candles far out number soy. Perhaps this lady was referring to her own personal preference.

Does she have any other candles in her shop? If so, she may be speaking about what sells well in her shop. Or, maybe she's been to some of the candlemaking forums where some people are militant about soy candles and that's where she's getting her ideas. I think it could certainly benefit you to get a little more information out of her regarding her statment.

Soy candles may be popular, but take a look at what you find in shops. Paraffin candles far out number soy. Perhaps this lady was referring to her own personal preference.

Does she have any other candles in her shop? If so, she may be speaking about what sells well in her shop. Or, maybe she's been to some of the candlemaking forums where some people are militant about soy candles and that's where she's getting her ideas. I think it could certainly benefit you to get a little more information out of her regarding her statment.

At the moment, there are a couple of b&b crafters there that sell candles too, though not much of a selection. She told us of a lady who had sold her gel candles there for a year and, when the store relocated, pulled her products out because all that had been selling was soy. She didn't come across as the type of person to view candle forums - she was just a lonely old lady that worked there. The woman didn't clarify if she was referrring to just her store, or everywhere in that area. Thanks