Okay I Need Help Please!!! Tia

Hi Everyone,,Its been awhile since I have had some problems,,Okay I use 4625 for my pillars. I prep my molds with Canola Spray and wipe them out real good,,,Then I pour my wax @ 175 like I always have done. I tilt the mold and everything,,,On one side of my mold on top it looks rustic the other parts all nice and shiney like I want them. Now I have tried heating my mold a wee bit with my heat gun and then I have poured without heating my mold,,I dont know what to do!!!:confused:

I have a new website I am making pics for but I want them PERFECT!!

Can anyone make some suggestions?? I had posted the pics a while ago to show everyone what I was talking about,,I will Bump the pic up in the Candle Gallery,,Your help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks Breanna

Edited to add,,In the pics under Vanilla layer,I WAS trying to do rustics but it didnt work,,Right now I want them shiney,,TIA

Assuming you're still doing layers...

The smallish amount of wax in that first layer can cool down pretty quickly.

Sometimes there's not enough heat to melt all the wax that congeals against the mold when you pour it in and that causes the rough finish.

If you can get it by just adjusting the pouring temperature I think that's the simplest solution. Try pouring at 185.

If you still have problems or the first layer is very thin, you might have to combine that with warming the mold or just pour even hotter. I've had to do 190 sometimes for a shallow first layer.

Assuming you're still doing layers...

The smallish amount of wax in that first layer can cool down pretty quickly.

Sometimes there's not enough heat to melt all the wax that congeals against the mold when you pour it in and that causes the rough finish.

If you can get it by just adjusting the pouring temperature I think that's the simplest solution. Try pouring at 185.

If you still have problems or the first layer is very thin, you might have to combine that with warming the mold or just pour even hotter. I've had to do 190 sometimes for a shallow first layer.

Thanks so much Alex,,I will give these a shot!!! Your the BEST!!!:DRight now I am trying to do the solids for some Pics

You might want to gun the side against the tilt after your pour and tilt. What sound like is happening, is after you tilt, the leftover wax stays behind, So when you pour over that, it looks funny. So pour your wax, do your tilt, THEN heat gun the side opposite the tilt to get rid of the leftover wax residue. Does that make sense? I use this wax too, and if you want them shiney, pour at like 180. Also it would be a good idea to make sure your molds are heated. I use pam in my molds, and I can "sometimes" get away with not heating them. HTH--Tess

In addition to the above tips, you might want to make sure your mold is sparkling clean to begin with too. I just pour boiling hot water into my molds then wipe with a paper towel to clean off excess wax gunk. Some folks put molds in a hot oven with a drip tray underneath to catch wax, then wipe w/ paper towels to clean. Use potholders -- ack, the molds get hot!!

There may be some wax build-up inside your molds that may be causing the candles to not release all smooth and shiny. HTH :-)

In addition to the above tips, you might want to make sure your mold is sparkling clean to begin with too. I just pour boiling hot water into my molds then wipe with a paper towel to clean off excess wax gunk. Some folks put molds in a hot oven with a drip tray underneath to catch wax, then wipe w/ paper towels to clean. Use potholders -- ack, the molds get hot!!

There may be some wax build-up inside your molds that may be causing the candles to not release all smooth and shiny. HTH :-)

Thank you very much!! I usually use mineral spirits to clean my metal molds but perhaps they need a good washing out!!! ;)