Rotten service

Well now, tell me what you think of this. I ordered some MP colors from a supplier on Mar 1st for a fellow CT friend. The order was to be shipped to her directly. Today my friend tells me she has not gotten them and she contacted this supplier. The supplier says they havent been shipped yet. Well geesh, how long does it take for 5 colors in a box or envelope! Now Im ticked because my friend wanted to use these to get started on a swap. I emailed the lady tonite.

This is my email in its entirety

"I was just advised that this order had not been shipped out yet to my

friend. Can you tell me why? My friend needed this asap and I am very

disappointed"

She replies back and I quote:

"Hey don't get upset with me. I don't have to take that tone in your email! It's going out tomorrow.

Thanks!"

Now how professional is this?! I will NEVER order from this supplier again.

Yeah Mel I get the same impression. All I can say to anyone who needs

soapmoldsnmore (you know those kinds of things) be careful where you buy them from. Stay with your tried and true suppliers!

Man that bites. They have some good prices there too.

Oh well. I need good customer service too.

I won't buy from suppliers who treat people that way. There are plenty of reputable suppliers out there who care about their customers. I would rather give my hard-earned money to them, even if it means paying a little more.

A simple, "I apologize for the delay in shipment. Your order will be shipped tomorrow and I will provide you with a tracking number," would have been sufficient. Very unprofessional and a good reason not to order from that supplier again!

Just wait til your friend gets the order and then in a kind way email her and tell her see ya. When I ran a coffee shop with a drive thru window and the customers would yell at the young kids I told them to immediately start crying, it worked like a charm.

What supplier was it?

That's just the problem with doing business over the internet--everybody and their uncle can open a website and post a million different items and have super low prices, but when it comes to customer service, efficiency, or dependability--FORGET IT!

In the jobs I've held you didn't treat customers that way. You had time frames to process orders. For anything to take more than three days to leave a facility is inexcusable in my head. I prefer to do business with vendors who state things ship within 24-48 hours. I know sometimes backlogs can occur, but why not post something on your site it that's the case?

I planned on placing an order with a company today and they told me it will be 4 or 5 days before it even ships out of the warehouse, and then because it's across the country, it will be another 4-5 days before it arrives. I said no thanks.

Sorry about your problem. I hope you can find a different supplier that can give better service.

Oh yah after that email I sooo would have cancelled my order!! grrrrr

Obviously this supplier has never heard of sucking it up and kissing a little booty - It's called GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Geesh

As for the TONE of your email, what the heck is she talkin' about?? :rolleyes: Obviously her TONE is one of "I don't NEED your business so I'll get to your order when or IF I feel like it, and don't bother to re-order from me, cuz I'm a BIOTCH!!" LOL

It really does take all kinds to make the world go round huh?