Seamless Aluminum Molds

I ordered a bunch of these molds and am just now starting to recieve them. Probably a pretty stupid question and one I should of thought about before ordering, but how do you use these? Should I make special mold holders for each one or does anyone out there have suggestions on an easier way? Thanks in advance for the input.:undecided

Thank you for the responses, but I think maybe I didn't phrase the question well enough. I should add that these molds don't have bases on them and are flat bottomed not concave. I thought that the wick pins might stabalize the mold from tipping over during the pour, but they still don't seem that safe.

I think it's always a good idea to place the molds in a tray (in case they leak). If you use wick pins, place them on the outside of the mold with some sort of sealer around the pin. There are several examples off to the left side where is says Basic Instructions. HTH - look forward to seeing pictures!

• 10 months later...

Thanks for asking this question. I'm new to candle making and did the same thing. I have been searching the web for an answer and now I found some. I never thought of how to keep them flat either - maybe we just were too excited to get started. Thanks for the tips.

Melanie:yay: