Bunny's Soap Additive Results

Sara

Whew, I couldn't find this last night... thanks! Sorry I'm so late in responding, I just found the USPS envelope again this week.

CORNSTARCH: Without a doubt, my favorite. Super bubbly and it had a really nice feel to it. I also liked the scent.

MAYO: Hard to lather for me. What did lather felt kinda heavy. Hard to explain. My skin was really nice feeling after using it though, very moisturizing. Didn't care for the scent. I'm not a huge soap foodie fan though, so I'm sure it's just me.

AVACADO: My second favorite. Nice creamy/bubbly lather, nice glide to the bar. My skin felt great after using this one. I might have to experiment with this myself one of these days.

SOUR CREAM: This one was really moisturizing, but getting lather was a bit of work. I got more of a creamy lotiony lather that rinsed off well. My skin felt kinda tight after using this one.

EGG YOLK: Really rich lather, and kind of moisturizing too. I might have to look into this one as well.

YOGURT: Hard to lather and felt weird to me after drying off. Me no like.

CARROT PUREE: This one was really kinda cool. It lathered very well, lots of bubbles and rinsed off pretty easily and my skin felt nice.

CUCUMBER: Loved this one too. Good lather, nice feeling after use. Another one I might have to look into later.

• 5 months later...

Wow.. Awesome to see this thread again!

Linda, I just can't remember how much I put in the egg soap.. Umm Umm.. I remember I tempered them just as you would in cooking. I'm wanting to say I used 1 egg yolk per pound of oils. Don't hold me to it, as this was a while ago, but that's what I'm remembering.

No.. lol.. It's ok.. Only reason I know how to do it is because I made homemade holliandaise sauce for eggs benedict.

Lightly scramble the yolk only of the egg. When you make the soap, take out a few ounces of the raw soap, then add the yolk to that. When that's mixed in, add the mixture to the rest of the batch.

Oh, and take out that little white thing that sticks to the yolk. Please, no one come in and tell me what it is, or I may never eat eggs again. I'm serious. Don't tell me..lol

Lmaooo... well I could tell you what it is and you might like it more. Cuz it isn't half as nasty as you are thinking. I promise! I was wanting to re to this thread to ask what is the cornstarch soap scented with? Everyone seems to like it so well, but I can't imagine a corn starch scent. Just curious. Thanks!