Lotion Bars?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I made a few sample lotion bars last night. The tops were cracked today. Anyone know why? Also, any ideas on how to make samples to hand out?

I've had that happen to a couple of lotion bars I made that were really heavy on butters. I'm not sure WHY it happens, but I think it's somewhat normal. I got a shea butter from the body shop a while ago that was cracked, and I didn't think anything of it. Also, for samples of lotion bars, I use lip balm tubes. They're the perfect size for samples and you can get pretty creative with the labeling- like Grumpy Girl has!!! :D If the lotion bar's pretty tough to rub in, try using some more oil, and it might help with the cracking.

Guest EMercier

Hmm, I wonder. I used 1 part Beeswax, 1 part cocoa butter, and 1 part shea. I guess I'll look for some lip balm tubes. That might work. I can give it away as a sample with my soap. I'm thinking of just using these lotion bars for a dry skin kit. I don't know.

Guest EMercier
The only time this has happened to me is in cold weather. I think they just cooled off too fast and cracked.

That's what I'm thinking because it was a bit cooler where I poured them. I used some of this last night and this morning and it feels so good on my skin. I just need to fix the crackness. Could a re-pour fix this like candles?

I have been playing with a recipe for these that Val sent me and I have been pouring them in the little candy cups. They look like little white reese cups! lol

Perfect size for rubbing in your hands to test! I have one sitting by both computers, in all 3 bathrooms and in the kitchen!

Guest EMercier

Hmm, that's interesting I might have to stop by walmart to get a few of those. I've seen them. Then, I can package them in litte bags. I kinda want to make a sampler pack that has a tealight(maybe), lotion bar, and soap. Just a little of everything.