Mica in shower gel/lotion?

This may be a real duh question but I did a quick search and came up with nothing.......

It's my niece's birthday & I'm making her some B&B stuff. I don't usually add any colorant but I thought since she's a teenager she not like just white/clear boring stuff. Can I use micas without making her look like a Christmas ornament? How much is enough or too much? Will it sink to the bottom of the shower gel (very thick, so I doubt it but who knows?)

Help I'm running out of time!!!!!!

I am in the process of testing this now.

I got some shower gel base from wsp. It was the surplus that does not suspend. I also have some of thier liquid mica (which I believe is just a small amount of mica in glycerin or some other agent, I think this because it seperates and the mica collects at the bottom) I made up some shower gels I think it was last Friday, could have been Wednesday. I have looked at the bottles every other day or so and it has not collected at the bottom so far.

I am going to give it a few more days then it is going into the shower.

A little goes a long way with mica.

I don't think she will look like a christmas ornament.lol. In shower gel it will wash away.

hth

oh and the shower gel with the ivory mica is beautiful!!

I am in the process of testing this now.

I got some shower gel base from wsp. It was the surplus that does not suspend. I also have some of thier liquid mica (which I believe is just a small amount of mica in glycerin or some other agent, I think this because it seperates and the mica collects at the bottom) I made up some shower gels I think it was last Friday, could have been Wednesday. I have looked at the bottles every other day or so and it has not collected at the bottom so far.

I am going to give it a few more days then it is going into the shower.

A little goes a long way with mica.

I don't think she will look like a christmas ornament.lol. In shower gel it will wash away.

hth

oh and the shower gel with the ivory mica is beautiful!!

I am very interested to know how this works out for you. My oldest daughter sent me an email last night (she lives w/ her dad in FL) asking me to make her a bunch of "Girlie" B&B stuff for her B'day. She is having some friends over for a party and they want to "play". It would be cool if I could send her some lotion and shower gel with"sparklies" in it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The mica has not collected in the shower gel or the lotion. It rocks in the lotion. It is like that shimmer lotion you can buy. I think it is a great idea for young ladies. It stayed suspened in the lotion.

The shower gel, it doesn't stay on my skin but looks gorgeous in the bottle. i wish I had a digital to show you.

I have used the powdered mica before and some did fall to the bottom eventually, but it looked more like a colored bottom, the gel itself looked awesome, nice and pearly. I did not have the time to test the mica any more after that to try using less or maybe mixing with a little gel then adding to the main batch. I just used liquid dye after that but do like the look of the mica better.

Hope it works for you:D