website help

sandissoap

can anyone recommend a good webdesigner? I've had a few people give me quotes and there is such a difference in pricing. I'm terrified to pick a person and pay out alot of money only to find out they aren't able to get the feel of what I am going for. I really want someone to completely design my site, but I want to be able to put in my own products, pics, wording etc. BUT, and the big BUT is that i have no html experience at all! Any suggestions would be appreciated....right now i have a site but its a blah, nothign special cookie cutter type site that i haven't bothered to update in a LOOOONG time!

thanks

I can personally recommend RedLimeWeb or Dove Studios. Both do very nice work. If you want to see examples of their sites, try www.redlimeweb.com to see their portfolio of websites (including mine :) ). Donna at Dove Studios did my logo. Her site is www.dovestudios.com

Hope that helps. These are conscientious, hard-working gals who will get the job done for you. They are class acts! You don't have to worry about them taking your money and then not doing satisfactory work. :wink2:

thanks for all your advice...I'm going to check into things more....I've heard alot about Dove Studios and Red Lime from over at the Dish, Red Lime seems quite expensive though....but I know you get what you pay for!

I'll check out that DIY site too - thanks!!!!!

I have tried 3 other web site designers over the past couple of years and, in my opinion, nothing compares to www.citymax.com. If you don't know how to do something they fix it for you! Superb customer service for less than $20.00/month!...Oh yea,,,,they give you a free 10 day trial. How awesome is that? They don't even ask for any cc info. or anything like that during your trial. I found out that the cheapest is NOT always the best.

I do think it's important to go with someone who's trusted by others -- someone with whom others have worked and clients can vouch for their trustworthiness. Two friends of mine have been "taken" ... the website designer took their money then didn't come through. :embarasse

Looks like there are plenty of good references here -- lots to choose from! :)

thanks everyone, hired someone and we are ready to get going.........

i appreicate all the input.. boy that citymax site looks awesome but i'm still NOT wanting to have to figure it out from scratch!!! Did that once and am not too thrilled with my end result so I went the professional way.....

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!! :D