Opinions on MCSoywax

Guest Japes

Guest Japes

Newbie here looking to make my first was purchase. Looking at a few options, including:

mcsoywax (recommended by someone who makes an excellent candle)

And, I'm wondering if there is anyone else who has had any experience, good or bad, with this wax.

Guest Japes

You tried to PM me and what happened? I didn't know that you couldn't. I'm interested but would first like to learn a bit more about this wax, and whether or not it's any good. What the throw is like, etc.

Guest Japes

And what was your experience with the actual wax? How well did it throw?

What about their scent oils? Any good? Are there better ones? Any recommendations?

Hmm. I have my own feelings on 415.

But not just from MC- any plain 415. I consider it a mixer wax.

The throw will vary~ considering many things such as wicking, fragrance oil, and how the candle was actually made. That question would be difficult to answer cut and dry unless I knew exactly how u made candles and what your wax, wick, FO and jar combo might be, not including color. Also the temps of the room and the actual pour. Many variables to consider.

I have a few favorite from MC that I still buy.

Berry Creme Brulee

Fresh Cut Roses- the truest rose FO u can buy

Seaside

Birthday Cake- best u will ever find, great mixer

Spanish Melon

Kathy is a candlemaker and does personally test her own scents. Very helpful, if you email her she will get back to you quickly.

i use the 415 wax and their oils and have not had a problem getting a strong to very strong scent throw. their oils are all tested in this wax and if they were not great throwers they would not carry them, all their oils are grade a.

i highly recommand this supplier.

I've done the vast majority of my wax purchases, and all my production wax purchases (so far) from MC using the 415 made by Golden Brands. The 415 IMO is a very good all-around wax, but needs to be mixed with other wax or ingredients to perform at it's best. I currently use BW in it to prevent FO bleeding at loads above 6%. I may switch wax soon, but it will be to another GB wax whether or not MC carries it.

MC's FOs are on the whole very good. I have only been disappointed with a couple of FOs from them. They have no glassware to speak of, and could have a wider wick selection. Shipping to me is not an issue since they are relatively close, however they do not allow local pickup.

Overall you can't go wrong with MC for wax and FO! I give them the Geekrunner Seal of Approval! :grin2:

geek

I haven't tried their waxes. I am testing some from Candlescience instead (it's much closer to me and shipping is expensive). They have great Fos though and I'm sure that their wax is worth trying. I would pick up either a kit or some sample bags of both kinds of wax and a sample FO pack and some wicks. Getting the kit will probably save you a little money, but price out everything you want to get just to be sure.