$$tarts in the coop clamshells$$?

Sorry to bother you

Please don't get discouraged. There has been alot of negativeness going on lately. There have been several posters that are new that have been rude and type abusively to other members and right now alot of people are kinda gun shy(if you get what I am trying to say) Im not sure but I don't think the previous post meant to sound standoffish just that the search feature is a wonderful asset, you will find a vast array of information. You may find the answer you are looking for,but there are times that you just don't find what you are looking for I just state that I have tried to search and did not find the answer to my question, that way the other chandlers know that I have been looking and not just expecting a hand out. Please don't think I meant that you were looking to be spoon fed(the several I spoke of earlier).You will get your answer from someone. Not everyone tells you to search.

Please don't get discouraged. There has been alot of negativeness going on lately. There have been several posters that are new that have been rude and type abusively to other members and right now alot of people are kinda gun shy(if you get what I am trying to say) Im not sure but I don't think the previous post meant to sound standoffish just that the search feature is a wonderful asset, you will find a vast array of information. You may find the answer you are looking for,but there are times that you just don't find what you are looking for I just state that I have tried to search and did not find the answer to my question, that way the other chandlers know that I have been looking and not just expecting a hand out. Please don't think I meant that you were looking to be spoon fed(the several I spoke of earlier).You will get your answer from someone. Not everyone tells you to search.

I agree people are a little gun shy right now don't let it stop you from asking questions.

I charge $2.50 for mine but I only put 2 oz of wax in mine. If you fill them all they way up you would need to charge more.

I think the general consensus is about $1 an ounce, I havent sold these yet (still testing) but I think $3 in this area will do just fine...you can go up or down depending on where you live. I have been filling mine all the way up so it will hold 3 ounces....I really like these, I just have to make sure they last awhile and figure out a label for them..lol

I think I charge $3, but I can't remember off the top of my head. No one has ever bought one from me, lol. My customers just don't do tarts (in any shape or form), they love the wickless candles instead. Works for me because I make more profit on those. :)

Sorry to bother you

Trust me, Georgia is the last person who would get hateful. She's a wonderful help and was just guiding you to the search feature. :wink2:

I charge $4.00 for my clams. They're very popular. :)

Thank you, Terrie and I'm sorry, Heather.

It did seem a bit rude looking at it today. I certainly did not mean it to be. Clamshells are a very popular topic these days and there are tons of posts out there about pouring temps, labeling, displaying them, selling prices, etc. I answered your question and gave you a tool to find more info...guess I could have been more tactful.

sorry for being stupid...but I have no idea what a clamshell is? Perhaps it's called something else over here in the UK...

can anyone explain?

Thanks

Natasha

Hi Natasha, you arent stupid! Here is a link to show you what clamshells are

www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14802&highlight=clamshell

at the bottom of the first post are some pictures of clamshells.

Hope this Helps!

they're like pill packets right? Do you get a strip of foil at the back?

is the wax poured right in or do you use a mould (i have a mould that makes tarts like that)..

Look at me all excited about a bit of plastic....where's the best place to get them?

Natasha

they're like pill packets right? Do you get a strip of foil at the back?

is the wax poured right in or do you use a mould (i have a mould that makes tarts like that)..

Look at me all excited about a bit of plastic....where's the best place to get them?

Natasha

the wax is poured directly into the shell. These are wonderful, just slap a label on and call it good!

I got some thru a coop last year but can't remember where they came from. Maybe someone knows. Keep checking in the coop section, they are rather cheap!

Good luck -