New name suggestions for Lick Me All Over?

I think it might be a bit too suggestive for my targeted consumers! Thanks!

Well, who are your targeted consumers?? Is it your distaste for the name or theirs? I think a wide variety of people would go for that name. Unless they are Nun's....certainly then you could call it something like "Lick my elbow" and then it would just sound like they were at the church social and Dear Sister So~n~So leaned into someone else's plate and got mayo on her sleeve.

I'm kidding :P

How about:

Tropical Paradise

Tropical Dreams

Citrus Splash

Tropical Heaven

This is what NG's site says is in it

"A wonderful exotic fragrance with base notes of raspberry, cantaloupe, and watermelon, middle notes of jasmine and violet, and fresh top notes of grapefruit and kumquat."

What about:

Farmers Market - Because of the fruit & flowers

Fruit Suprise

Well, I'm new to the whole candle thing. I'm just trying my hand at making 10 batches of soy tarts..

But this is a good little topic. Do you guys think that to some customers they are interested in certain scents maybe a different name might throw thier interest off? Or do you think it really matters to just make up your own names to the scents? I dont really know, just a thought.

I can understand the name of the scent possibly being a deterrent. Its kind of odd when you think about it, most of the names of the tarts identifies with the scent.

Maybe you could try names like:

Romance

Sweet Nothings

Secret Rendezvous

Or maybe go with something like that , that might be a little more modest but still is within the romantic ideal of it maybe?

You can change Lick Me All Over to "Drunk Again".....LMAO~~!! :shocked2:

Just kidding. It sounds kind of tropical- perhaps a less risque name is in order to keep people from getting all wild about it. It would all depend on what market you are trying to go for and your base business clientele.

Monkey Farts? God, It was painful to even type that. Totally gross!

Sometimes different names are a good thing. For example:

We use the Monkey Farts as a converstion starter at craft shows. We put up a sign saying "Guess the name of this candle and win a free one".

That brings in a lot of people, and we've never had to pay off yet.

While they're smelling that one, we get to find out what they like & quite often sell another fragrance.

If the name offends you, call it something else, but think about it first.

Let me give you a word of advice that I think most folks here can benefit from.

I had a store for 14 years in NJ. I would make votive candles in any color and in any scent for my customers. Once the candles were done I would place them on my counter to be wrapped.

Here is something to show you how foolish people can seem.

I would make a batch of Cobalt Blue (dye) votives in vanilla scent.

Customer would walk up to the counter, pick one up, and smell it (deeply). And then comment,

"ahhh.... Blueberry! My favorite!"

Moral of the story? You can call it anything you want. It is *all* about the marketing, packing, and how you pitch it.

Trust me!

Good Luck!

:)