Ugly Wax

I am testing Pina Colada fo in a container,and I didn't put any color in the wax.The melt pool is so ugly,it looks burnt.Then after I put the candle out,and the wax sets up,the melt pool is a ugly grey.I left the wax uncolored,because I figured a Pina Colada Drink was white.Would you do it in a differant color?If so what color?

Thanks,Anna

I don't believe it is overly wicked.The melt pool is about 1/2 inch,with no mushroom,good scent throw.I have burned it four times for four hrs,and hadn't had to trim the wick.

Bunny, thanks I guess it's not my night.I am going to bed.Tomorow I will try a smaller wick.It is a 16 oz apoth,with two 44-28 zinc.I think I will try the 44-24's.

Thanks again,Anna

We are having the same issues. We are trying different wicks due to soot, etc. and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it also clears up this problem. I know with the jars I was testing, the discoloration did seem to be worse on the ones that were over-wicked.

Good Luck and let us know if you figure out what the culprit is! :cheesy2:

(Are you, by any chance, using 4630/1945 Harmony wax?)

We are having the same issues. We are trying different wicks due to soot, etc. and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it also clears up this problem. I know with the jars I was testing, the discoloration did seem to be worse on the ones that were over-wicked.

Good Luck and let us know if you figure out what the culprit is! :cheesy2:

(Are you, by any chance, using 4630/1945 Harmony wax?)

Jane I am using J50,I have use this wax for two years.Terrie,I could never get the JS123 to work for me.I gave up on it,I have 2 1/2 cases sitting on the floor in my workroom.

Jane,this may seem odd but,I am not having a problem with soot,there is no soot on my jar.it's just that the melt pool is a dark color.I am going to try a smaller wick,just to see if that is the problem.This is the first time I have use this fo (Pina Colada).

Anna

Jane I am using J50,I have use this wax for two years.Terrie,I could never get the JS123 to work for me.I gave up on it,I have 2 1/2 cases sitting on the floor in my workroom.

Jane,this may seem odd but,I am not having a problem with soot,there is no soot on my jar.it's just that the melt pool is a dark color.I am going to try a smaller wick,just to see if that is the problem.This is the first time I have use this fo (Pina Colada).

Anna

OK - I checked my records, and when I originally was burning these lighter-colored candles and ended up with the discolored melt pool, there was no soot on the jar. It happened when I reached the last 1/3 of the jar....:angry2: So the wax was discolored throughout at least three burns, then the soot showed up on the jar in the last burn.

This is so frustrating!!! :rolleyes2