Question for waxes experts!

Hi all, I read about mixed soy wax, 70% soy and 30% paraffin, I hope I understood well.

Now, the question is:

I have two type of waxes I can't use:

1) a soy container wax (I make only pillars)

2) a paraffin the supplier sold me as plain paraffin, but it melts at very high temp and it's brittle, and it's very very opaque.

What happens if I mix the two (70% soy, 30% par.)? Do you think I could get a useful blend or I'd better not to try?

TIA

I tried once making a pillar wax out of plain soy and 147 MP paraffin mixing 50/50. Makes a great pillar, but not a great container candle. Since the paraffin is such a high MP you may try a lower percentage of paraffin, perhaps at 10% and increase by 5% till you get a good mix. When I tried making containers with the 50/50 it pulled away too much from the jar and rattled around loose inside the jar! The advantage to a parasoy is you can pour hotter.

If nothing else you will have fun playing with wax! :yay:

Be sure and pet dot and comma for me!

geek

Hi, I think we have to try, the soy wax I have melts at a low temp, while the paraffin has an extremely high mp..

I don't know if I should melt them separatley then mix, or put all in one pot!

I was considering doing something like this and was wondering if there is a way to determine pouring temp or do you simply have to just keep testing till you find it?