What happened to my beautiful soap :( ??

maryann

Hope someone can help...this actually looked awesome before I popped it in the oven and then this....

[ATTACH]6177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6179[/ATTACH]

Its hard to tell but these bumps look just like sea salt! The black bled and the dark burgundy turned pink

:cry2: !!

post-119-139458400206_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458400212_thumb.jpg

Carrie, I just cut it all up, how should I clean up those bumps? What did you do when it happened?

That's what happens when I'm greedy I guess, I wanted this hard quick. I'm off to try it again. Its Peak's Black Raspberry Vanilla. W:shocked2:W does it ever smell good!!

:yay: YEAH :yay: the 2nd batch came out better. I did end up taking off the tops of the 1st batch and they now look better (I put three in the 2nd pic ~ there hard to see though).

[ATTACH]6202[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6203[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458400259_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458400261_thumb.jpg

Your soap is lovely!

Do you happen to know the flashpoint of the fragrance you used in that first batch? I've had that same problem with low flashpoint oils. When they heat up, they escape to the surface, causing weird little crystal 'bubbles' on top of the soap, as well as some strange discoloration.

Lovely! OK so that's a sign of overheating? How interesting!

Yeah Julie, it does look kinda like that when soap overheats. I've had some overheat so bad it looked like what people call "alien brains" and yep, it really does look like brains coming up out of your soap! LOL (I think the alien part is because of the color! lol)

BTW, Maryann, great looking soap! :)