Anyone know how ROOT handles their shipping?

CSAS

Does anyone know how ROOT handles their shipping? Do you have a wholesale catalog that you can look at and send me the jist of what they do for shipping. The stores that I wholesale to want the benefits of free shipping like the big candlemakers offer, but I think they might change their tune if I started saying "Okay, I'll give you what the big dogs do, FREE shipping with an opening order of $3000.00. (Yankee)

Thanks

Tracy

Yankee doesn't give "free shipping." They give "freight allowance" based on the amount you spend, up to 6%.

If you have a tax ID number (which I assume you do, otherwise you wouldn't be doing business with companies wanting large orders of candles), just contact Root and ask for a copy of their wholesale catalog.

If the people you are dealing with are within driving distance of you, then offer them free shipping on their first order of $3000. That should make them put up or shut up. I suspect then they will start whining that they get free hutches next.

I hear ya!! It's always going to be something.

I was thinking about this last night.

I am the manufacturer, so in all of the profit being made here, I am making the least per candle. After I pay all of the overhead, supplies & inventory, advertising, Sales Rep Commissions-(Even the Sales Rep makes more than I do :wink2: ) If I don't charge for shipping & delivery (cost of gas $2.80/gal) , I am going to be nickel & dimed to death.

I know, the store doesn't have to buy from me. But come on, they are making the most profit from the candle, they can pay for their own shipping or delivery. Nobody gave me free shipping on the pallets of jars I just ordered, nope not even a 6% allowance. HEck, if all of my suppliers gave me free shipping, I think I just might pass on the good nature to my clients and ship to them for free.;)

I'm sorry, just frustrated at some of the clients that I have.