Adding stuff to lotion base

I was looking around WSP the other day and they have their basic lotion at $10.95/gallon, it said it was the best selling hand and body lotion (I think). I have a friend that might be able to pick it up out there, as he goes to college in Findlay and I don't think it is too far off of I80 when he comes home. I would rather pay him a bit of money than pay the high shipping prices.

My question is, can you add like Shea butter or other stuff without compromising the preservatives? I will have to check out their site again. I will have to see if I like it (if it is thick enough, etc) without adding anything to it first. I tried BCN's, but their's was too thin.

TIA,

Steph

Unless those suppliers are willing to share with you the ranking of ingredients by percentage, you should not add anything to the base at more than 1%. As you said, you can compromise the preservative, and you'll have no idea where to rank those added ingredients.