Coffee instead of water w/ Lye ....

maryann

I'm soooooo excited I finally decided (michelle) on a CP Coffee Bar Recipe. I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't know much about coffee. I made some coffee last month with used grounds from visitors we had. I cooled it and place it in the refrig right after. My question is, is it ok to use?? or is there something in coffee (I did use distilled water) that even though refrigerated will go bad after a month ?? TIA :)

Get instant. I use regular water with my lye, take out an ounce or 2 and then mix the instant coffee into that real thick. That way you don't have stinky lye water/coffee, you still get a rich dark coffee color and you don't have to waste your regular coffee. Win win situation there:highfive:

That's a GREAT idea Julia, I'll remember that next time. Its alot easier than dragging out the c.maker to make 16oz of coffee. I did end up making fresh coffee for the batch as it had some expensive ingredients in it and I didn't want to chance it. I'm so happy w/ how it came out. I scented it Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha, with "froth" and sprinkled w/ vanilla bean fibers on top.

[ATTACH]6568[/ATTACH]

OK MichelleB it took me awhile, but I'm ready when you are for the trade :wink2:

post-119-139458401875_thumb.jpg