question about JS fruit slices fo

jolsen1973

Has anyone tried this oil and found what looks like fruit pulp in the oil? The oil smells awesome oob, but there are these little pieces of something floating around that seriously look like fruit pulp! It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just curious as to what they are and if anyone else has experienced this! Thanks for any input!

Jen

:confused: :confused: :confused:

This is the original question! Somehow this post turned out to be an all out war instead of simple answers to a simple question. Why don't we just leave it at that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried this oil and found what looks like fruit pulp in the oil? The oil smells awesome oob, but there are these little pieces of something floating around that seriously look like fruit pulp! It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just curious as to what they are and if anyone else has experienced this! Thanks for any input!

Jen

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi, Jen! I'm a newbie and I may not be very good at explaining but I hope this helps.

I've spoken to several different f/o suppliers and reading their sites. So far what I've learned is every fragrance has a solvent to stabalize it. Without this solvent it will crystalize. Some f/o suppliers use more solvent because its cheaper and in return can cause weak f/o. It could be that you have crystals in your oil maybe due to you have found a f/o supplier that is only putting the minimum solvent to get the strongest f/o. Or it could be it just crystalized on you. You could call and ask if it is safe to still use. If they can't help you call Dan @ CandleScience. He seems very knowledgeable and honest about this subject. I hope this helps. ;) Oh, NorthStar 3 also talks about the use of solvents on their f/o page.

Hi, Jen! I'm a newbie and I may not be very good at explaining but I hope this helps.

I've spoken to several different f/o suppliers and reading their sites. So far what I've learned is every fragrance has a solvent to stabalize it. Without this solvent it will crystalize. Some f/o suppliers use more solvent because its cheaper and in return can cause weak f/o. It could be that you have crystals in your oil maybe due to you have found a f/o supplier that is only putting the minimum solvent to get the strongest f/o. Or it could be it just crystalized on you. You could call and ask if it is safe to still use. If they can't help you call Dan @ CandleScience. He seems very knowledgeable and honest about this subject. I hope this helps. ;) Oh, NorthStar 3 also talks about the use of solvents on their f/o page.

To my knowlegde when a FO cystalizes you will see clear crysltals in the bottom of the FO. NOT crap floating in it. I have had 1 fo crystalize and it was during shipping in the winter. Usually Vanilla FO's are the ones that crystalize and all you have to do is warm the FO and the crystals will dissapear.

I found a floatie in my pepsi the other day, after my DS had a couple drinks.

I didn't call the supplier, I just let him finish it. Was that the right thing to do?

I think those floaties are called "cigarette butts". They come in beer sometimes at a good party. :P

I think those floaties are called "cigarette butts". They come in beer sometimes at a good party. :P

OH MY GAWD!!!!! DS is only 6 years old. Where did I go wrong? How could I have missed it? He is definately on the wrong path. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm off to find my paddle.................

• 2 weeks later...