Cost vs quality

Hi. I have looked at many and ordered many samples from various FO suppliers and still not totally satisfied with all the FO I bought lbs. of...which of course if my own fault. But now that I am searching more companies for ones I can't live without, I see a big variance in pricing. Are the higher priced FO always better and more complex than say the ones selling for $15.00-16.00/lb? I know, get samples. But, when you start paying $4.00 and shipping for a sample that turns out to be a dud, I get frustrated. What have you all found to be true? TIA. Beth

Cost is not a guarantee that you will get a quality fragrance. I love Scent Works, and feel confident with their quality.

I've spent a ton of money on fragrances from a certain supplier that I will not name, that is ridiculously overpriced on their stuff, and I can say that their fragrance oils are DEFINITELY not worth the price. You absolutley cannot smell them in soap, and they are very faint in lotion. This was true for all of the stuff I got from them.

I think rather than looking at price for a guideline, the best thing you can do is try samples as you've been doing, and listen to suggestions for what members say is a good fragrance. Of course, everyone's nose is different, but if you see certain suppliers recommended more than others, you should probably feel safe taking a cue from that.

Order sample packs from different suppliers.

It's the only way you will know what works for you.

What I love, you may hate and vice versa.

NG, BC, JS, KY, Millcreek, CC, Heartfelt, Snowtop are just a few top notch suppliers.

I seldom hear WSP when people name their favorite FO's. I use a lot of their 15.00 (budget busters.) A lot of their scents are very complex and throw great in candles and I use some for mp soaps and lotions. But you do have to go with your nose and try them yourself. If you spend $50.00 at WSP on FOs, shipping is free http://www.fragranceandflavors.com/default.aspx

I also love BC, BCS, Lone Star & Taylored.

Good luck, Carole

You really do have to hunt around, I use a lot of Peak's oils because my customers love them and a lot of them are soapers also as well as bath and body safe. I could not do fall without JS Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, I use a few from Bittercreek, those I use mostly for B and B. Get samples and get your testers to try them out, you may not like them but you testers may. To some extent you get what you pay for, but there are also suppliers with reasonalbe prices and deals if you buy so many you x amount off. Natures Gardern is another supplier I use quite a few from. I have a few from MMS, BB, SW that I use in soap and B and B but not in candles. I would have to say that Peak's is my main candle scent supplier, I am staying with what works, their fall scents are just what my customers love and with their 15 % off deal I get good quality scents that sell well.

I have bought both high end price, middle and the low end. I found scents in all that worked and all that didn't work. There are a few suppliers that I have bought from that I didn't like or find any of their scents worked for me, but the same company(s) other people swear by. So I think it is very personal. I have found Peak's, Just Scents, WixnWax and Greenleaf work very well for me.

I get some of mine from C&S, most of them are good. Just like all suppliers some scents are strong & some are not. C&S has a Seashore scent that I love, it's not a strong scent but it's a really clean crisp scent. I use their Mac Apple, winter Candy Apple, Sunflower, these are just some of theirs that are good & strong. You can PM me if you want to know the ones I use from them that are good.

I get some of mine from C&S, most of them are good. Just like all suppliers some scents are strong & some are not. C&S has a Seashore scent that I love, it's not a strong scent but it's a really clean crisp scent. I use their Mac Apple, winter Candy Apple, Sunflower, these are just some of theirs that are good & strong. You can PM me if you want to know the ones I use from them that are good.

Thanks!

Jane