Milky Way Shell Mold...

Brenda

....is absolutely gorgeous! Of course different shapes appeal to different people, but gosh! I love it. Here's a pic of a LLC bath bomb molded in it:

shell_mold_bomb.jpg

I'm going to have to try some individual molded soaps this summer. :cheesy2:

Thanks for checking it out! Sad news on the bath bomb front...some ship intact, others don't - same recipe, same sphere shape. Back to the formulation stage. This recipe includes FCO, Sal Butter, and Sunflower oil...trying for a harder end product. Time will tell. I can tell from washing the mixing bowl this morning that they feel a little greasier than I like from the sal butter. :sad2:

Have to say thank you Brenda as you have made a person (me) that can't make a round bomb to save their life feel ok about using differ shapes instead- LOL

I'm happy to be of service! :bliss:

I love the different shapes and look forward to perfecting my recipe so I can do both spheres and shapes that stay intact during shipping and are pretty to look at as well!

This afternoon these are harder and smoother still than my previous formulations. I will use one in my bath tonight and see about the "greasy factor"! Thanks, everyone!

Very nice! I may have to give the molded ones a shot. The round ones are starting to piss me off. Love these, and the animal ones you posted too. Where did you find the animal mold?

Thanks! :cheesy2: The critter molds are available at Brambleberry, but I bought mine from a company called Herbal Accents in California that's been a pleasure to buy from. Same price for the molds at both companies.

Yesterday's bombs are nice and hard so far. I used one last night and it didn't feel greasy as I feared it would. Now, if I can just keep the moisture out of them in my packaging. :yes: I need to buy some shrink wrapping.

Brenda, I do these and the light housed cp and they sell like crazy around here as I am near the shore. I make tons of them in the summer and just put them outside to gel.

Very cool! I'd love to see a picture of the soap when it's done. :cheesy2: When I get back from vacation I'm going to try cp in this mold. I just love its shape! I can see why this and the lighthouse would sell like hotcakes.

Brenda - I make tons of cp soap in this very mold & it is extremely popular. I have 2 of these molds & a l lb batch of soap fills them perfectly. (6 bars) They look really nice with swirled colors too. I just make sure I insulate well & they pop out of molds after about 12 hrs. (I do discount my water)

....is absolutely gorgeous! Of course different shapes appeal to different people, but gosh! I love it. Here's a pic of a LLC bath bomb molded in it:

I'm going to have to try some individual molded soaps this summer. :cheesy2:

Thanks for checking it out! Sad news on the bath bomb front...some ship intact, others don't - same recipe, same sphere shape. Back to the formulation stage. This recipe includes FCO, Sal Butter, and Sunflower oil...trying for a harder end product. Time will tell. I can tell from washing the mixing bowl this morning that they feel a little greasier than I like from the sal butter. :sad2:

Brenda, did you get your recipe worked out?