ISO Good Bath Salt Recipe

TartAddict

Thank you, MaryAnn :) I was actually looking for bath salts instead of salt bars. I want to make the loose bath salts that you scoop into the tub (something easy for my girls to help make). But the salt bars do look fun :) I've searched the boards and archives and just can't seem to find any recipes. I've got a few notes on the bath salts, so maybe I'll just *gasp* make my own recipe :D LOL! I just wanted to make sure I was doing it the right way!

Thanks again, MaryAnn!!

D

Here are a couple I had bookmarked.

http://www.halderman.net/cgi-bin/showrecipe.pl?salts

http://www.geocities.com/kraftproject/craft-rocksaltpotpourri-082503-101603.html

My problem, when I made bath salt, was getting the salt to color and for the salt to keep its color. I have found colored bath salt does not have a very long shelf life because it fades.

I've never had a problem with my bath salts fading. I've got some that I've had for quite some time and they have retained their color. The one from Bittercreek is the one I've been using and I really like it alot.

http://www.bittercreek.com it's under instructions. You can eliminate the dendritic salt if you don't have any and just kind of tweak other stuff to go in it. That's the fun part about bath salts you can play around with it and find what you like best. lol after I re-read you have the dendritic. I think you'll really like this one.

Thank you, MaryAnn :) I was actually looking for bath salts instead of salt bars. I want to make the loose bath salts that you scoop into the tub (something easy for my girls to help make). But the salt bars do look fun :) I've searched the boards and archives and just can't seem to find any recipes. I've got a few notes on the bath salts, so maybe I'll just *gasp* make my own recipe :D LOL! I just wanted to make sure I was doing it the right way!

Thanks again, MaryAnn!!

D

DUH?? Sorry about that. I read it so fast that I skipped right over that little detail :D Glad others came to your rescue. I tried, does that count?? and just think when your ready to conquer salt bars you have the info!

I'll send you a sample of bath salts with your order (along with the recipe), I've gone to the KISS principle with bath salts. As I've had ALOT of problems with mine.

No big deal :) I would love a sample, thanks so much :) I usually stick to candles, but it's been soooooo hot here and my kiddos are stuck inside...that I've been looking for projects for them to do (hence the bath salts). They get to be creative, and I get a nice bath at the end of the day :) Everyone wins, LOL. Thanks again!!

P.S. Thank you, Carrie for the tip on using Solar Salt from Mortons! They have a giant bag at Sam's Club for like $3 :)