Yesterday bombed

CareBear

I FINALLY perfected my bath bomb recipe. And every one I tried to make yesterday was a total disaster.

First 2 batches got all spongy and icky. Next 2 batches cracked! Made a 5th batch using someone else's recipe. The're not awful but they aren't perfect either.

What gives? Is there a bomb-ogre hanging out under my porch? Humidity was about 58%, though after getting frustrated I DID turn on the AC in here for no good reason.

The only change to the formula is that I was using refined shea before and now am using the Agbanga unrefined - but it's in at a really low level. Ooooh, and I swapped out the sunflower oil for FCO. Do you think those small changes could throw this all off?

Well I'm out of the refined shea, but I guess I could experiment with the two oils. Drat - double drat. Grrrr.

hmmmm cant help ya. Honestly I have never had these issues that everyone talks about ( flat bombs or not working) I can only make huge bombs which work for me but I for the life of me cannot make a bomb with a meatballer. I can make the best big ones tho...so we all have something ;)

I think the consensus here is we should all just get them wholesale from Jenny - save us all sorts of aggravation. Plus when you factor in the 66% waste it works out to be cost-advantageous (though my kids and the neighbors actually like my disasters!).

I think the consensus here is we should all just get them wholesale from Jenny - save us all sorts of aggravation. Plus when you factor in the 66% waste it works out to be cost-advantageous (though my kids and the neighbors actually like my disasters!).

I love my bombs...its fun with designs and different ways to decorate- DONT give up!!!

I FINALLY perfected my bath bomb recipe. And every one I tried to make yesterday was a total disaster.

First 2 batches got all spongy and icky. Next 2 batches cracked!

OMG-that is EXACTLY what happened to me too!!! first ones were blobs second ones cracked-and the ones that didn't crack are dry, brittle, and crumbly:( . LOL-what time did you make them yesterday? I started around 6pmish and finally gave up totally aggrevated around 9ish.

After the "bomb" of the bombs I swore off them for a couple of weeks.

But when I saw that the humidity today was a mere 33% I couldn't help myself.

I made 2 batches - one where I just swapped the refined shea out for the Agbanga unrefined. One where I did the shea swap AND replaced the sunflower oil with FCO - a redo of one of the previous disasters.

KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED...