What did I do wrong??

I have no idea what could have happened....Using ecosoya CB 135, heated to 185, added FO at 170, no dye, poured into 12 oz glass jars and 4 oz tins...I ran out to the market and when I came back about 1 1/2 hours later the wax in the jars was full of air pockets and pits while the tins were beautiful and creamy. It was about 74 degrees at the time...did I pour too fast? too slow? I've never had this happen before and for it to happen to the glass jars and not the tins just confuses me more! I appreciate any input on what I did wrong..or am I just having another "one" of those days?

Donna

I have just started using this wax. I poured my first set of candles at 150 and they were just beautiful. What temp did you pour at? Maybe you poured too hot. We just had a thread on here about pouring too fast or slow; and most people agreed that it didn't make much of a difference. Maybe someone else with a little more experience in this wax will lend a little advice. We have some very knowledgible people on this board! :bow: They are great at giving advice.

Take care,

Beverly S

I've been using the eco soya 135 for about 4 months and never had this happen. I pour at 150 also. I just thought it was odd that the tins were beautiful but the jars weren't. Just when I thought I had it right this happened! Lol...back to the melting pot.

Donna

I'll have to check on that. I was using the 12 ounce quilted canning jars. The bottoms do have an upward curve to them. But I've poured these jars before and never had the results I got today. The weather here was quite unpredictable for the past few days could that have anything to do with it?

D.

More like pitted and holey. I'm wondering if there were air pockets under the wick tab that got released as the candle cooled. Going to try again later today. I'm definitely having one of those weeks...two more days of school...I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

D.

Try zapping these tops with a heat or embossing gun. You might need to poke some air holes too but you can probably save these without having to do a remelt. That is such a pain in the buttsky. As the weather changes, you have to adjust your pouring temps. In warmer temps I can pour a little hotter than my norm. I don't use the same wax as you but did test the CB 135 a few years ago. You'll have to figure out what adjustments you have to make with the weather. Also, different containers react differently so this is another factor you will have to take into consideration when considering weather.

oooo, temps are the problem.

Heat to 175, add FO at 130, most importantly poor slushy!! You must poor below 120...115 is better.

I get rushed and impatient and sometimes pour too warm, and it is just not worth the aggravation of having to fix them.

Keep them from drafts, air conditioning, etc., so they cools slowly and your candles will be fine. Promise.

Best of luck.

I have been thinking about ordering some cb 135 so would appreciate any additional comments. I made this decision after reading that it is good when scent is important.