Wick Stickums used on frosted jars

I have used wick stickums on my clear glass jars for quite a while and never seemed to have a problem with them coming loose. They have worked better than the gluegun glue from the craft store. I have been running some tests in some frosted jars and just noticed for the first time today that it appears that when it gets down to the bottom they come loose. I did not really notice it before for some reason. I will have to check the other testers more carefully. Has anyone else had this problem with frosted jars? These are the apothecary frosted jars. Even though they are not frosted inside they do seem to have a different texture on the inside compared to the clear glass jars. I notice that when I use my labels (for testing info) on the outside they do not stick as well either.

What is the type of glue that can be used for wicks that can take the heat and is safe for candles? I remember reading it somewhere. The craft stores tend to only sell the low/high gluegun glue -- all in one. This does not work. I dread the thought of not being able to use the stickums, but I do not want loose wicks. :( Thanks for any input in advance. ~Holly

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the response. Where do you get yours? Do you use it right out of the tube? Gee, I sure wish I could stick with the stickums. I is so much easier to eyeball it with stickums than glue and not as messy. I will give it a try.

I tested another one again at the bottom and it does not appear to be coming loose. Maybe the other one was a fluke. It was a tester and maybe I did not press it down as well or heat it as much as I usually do. Or, maybe that one was just burning hotter. However, it did not appear too be burning hotter.:undecided I will run many more tests before I decide whether I want to stick with the stickums.

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the response. Where do you get yours? Do you use it right out of the tube? Gee, I sure wish I could stick with the stickums. I is so much easier to eyeball it with stickums than glue and not as messy. I will give it a try.

I know it would be easier and I hope it does. I get mine mostly at WalMart, use the kind with a calking gun. Last for hundreds of jars. They also make one in a tube like calking a bathtub.